+ Reply to Thread

Thread: yet another retailer gone bust auction

I'm peter.

Default yet another retailer gone bust auction

https://www.eddisons.com/machinery-b...nema-equipment

last of Eddie's ( superfi )

watch out for the fees,,

I'm Martin.

I fancy the two story modular building at £25K plus fees and VAT. Shame it's in Wales but you can't have everything.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

I would love to see the Superfi accounts and indeed for all Hi fi shops because Im just nosey I wonder how much product you have to sell to keep ticking over.

What are Richer Sounds doing right to ride out this retail storm? I still think we need the Cornflake shop style of Hifi Outlet but few seem brave enough or maybe its just not viable in todays market.

Theres a guy in jeans, a comfy sofa and a Rega Planar 2.. If you look more flush he will bring the Sondek and Kans in
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 17-06-2019 at 15:48.

I'm Martin.

I think it is viable but only of you stock high end kit for high end customers.

Look at all the tat for sale in these bankruptcy auctions. You're trying to flog £300 A/V receivers that are all much of a muchness, and you are trying to do it from a fully staffed retail premises where the overheads are massive.

90% of the punters for that sort of thing will just go on Amazon or ebay and add to cart. They don't want the aggravation of a long drive, parking, waiting to be seen to, waiting to be served for something like that.

£300 might have been big money back when we got into the hobby in the 1980s but today because of 30 years inflation it is bargain basement impulse purchase level. £1000 and up is now 'proper' hi fi level. The world has moved on and those stores have not moved on with it.

Richer makes money because his prices are competitive with the Superfi type stores but he manufacturers his own kit so no middlemen to take a cut and he can make a useful profit on a £300 amp despite his overheads.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

Yes thats true Martin. Didnt Hifi lose its soul when the AV receivers came in or am I just nostalgic for a time gone by? Im a flat earther and refused to move with the times. Its all stopped for me with the CA 252 Amp

I want to go to a dealer and be inspired by carefully chosen stock

Superfi never appealed to me. I just felt there was too much in there and it lacked a sense of direction. I have always had a hang up about the AV section clouding the purity of a simple stereo set up. Sevenoaks was another I never warmed to

I found a good dealer and he lasted all of 8 months. I would have been a lifelong customer. I want demonstrations and I dont like too much choice. Nobody likes too much choice in my opinion.

If Im really honest though I would have got it from Richer sounds if it was £20 cheaper

I'm Martin.

Yes thats true Martin. Didnt Hifi lose its soul when the AV receivers came in or am I just nostalgic for a time gone by? Im a flat earther and refused to move with the times. Its all stopped for me with the CA 252 Amp

I want to go to a dealer and be inspired by carefully chosen stock

Superfi never appealed to me. I just felt there was too much in there and it lacked a sense of direction. I have always had a hang up about the AV section clouding the purity of a simple stereo set up. Sevenoaks was another I never warmed to

I found a good dealer and he lasted all of 8 months. I would have been a lifelong customer. I want demonstrations and I dont like too much choice. Nobody likes too much choice in my opinion.

If Im really honest though I would have got it from Richer sounds if it was £20 cheaper

I'm peter.

this is the second auction of the superfi stuff, a lot of gear went a couple of months ago,, the liquidators had already sold a lot of stuff before the auctions, there was some High end stuff sold but when the Vat and the fees were added if you managed to buy something at half price you were very lucky ,,

+ Reply to Thread