+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In Praise of Volumio

I'm David.

Default In Praise of Volumio

Just installed the latest version of Volumio on my Pi. I'd been getting frustrated with Rune being so slow to connect to the Web UI so I thought I'd give Volumio another go. When I first got a Pi I can remember almost tearing my hair out trying to get Volumio to work. How different the latest version is! 5 minutes and it was sorted! The UI now talks you through each step and it's possible to set it up using a simplified settings mode if, like me, you don't need all the advanced settings. Excellent!

I'm Tony.

Yep, I agree and I just paid upfront for a years sub.

Lovely GUI and streams Tidal masters well.
    VPI Scout 1.1, Hana ML, Vanderveen MC10 SUT, WAD Phono3, Rpi3B+/Digione Signature, Xiang Sheng DAC-01, WAD KiT6550 and Reiver Edingdale SR

I'm Greg.

I switched to the latest version 1-2 months ago. So much easier to install than previous versions.
    All together it looks more sleek than before. And the Youtube plug-in! Not that I use it much but I have spent so much time to setup UPnP on the older version to be able to stream youtube from my laptop to Volumio. Never got it working. Now, just install the youtube plug in and you are done. Well almost. Apparently, youtube has changed something recently and I had to update some libraries on the Pi.

+ Reply to Thread