+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atoms and you

I'm Anto.

Default Atoms and you

Shamelessly plundered from Facebook .

Consider that you can see less than 1% of the electromagnetic spectrum and hear less than 1% of the acoustic spectrum. As you read this, you are traveling at 220 km/sec across the galaxy. 90% of the cells in your body carry their own microbial DNA and are not “you.” The atoms in your body are 99.9999999999999999% empty space and none of them are the ones you were born with, but they all originated in the belly of a star. Human beings have 46 chromosomes, 2 less than the common potato.
    The existence of the rainbow depends on the conical photoreceptors in your eyes; to animals without cones, the rainbow does not exist. So you don’t just look at a rainbow, you create it. This is pretty amazing, especially considering that all the beautiful colors you see represent less than 1% of the electromagnetic spectrum.

- NASA Lunar Science Institute, We Originated in the Belly of a Star (2012)
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Oliver.

I feel rather insignificant lol
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > Bigbottle Jfet MC Valve Phonostage (Telefunken Valves)
    Digital: Raspberry Pi 3+/Allo Boss 1.2/Isolator 1.3 & 2x LPSU's with Volumio & JRiver
    Amplification: Nelson Pass DCB1 with Khozmo 48 Step Series Attenuator & Krell KSA100 MK2 Amplifier
    Cables: SPOTFIRE Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable
    Speakers: Pioneer CS-77A

Price List For SPOTFIRE Cables here:https://bit.ly/2Uxiv3j

Alternative reading: http://www.audioaddictsforum.com

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    . Human beings have 46 chromosomes, 2 less than the common potato.

So in a million years or so we will have evolved into potatoes? It sounds like it should be an all-round improvement but I bet the King Edwards don't get on with the Maris Pipers and there's loads of trouble.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SLP1200 CD Player * Nelson Pass DCB1 Pre amp / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    So in a million years or so we will have evolved into potatoes? It sounds like it should be an all-round improvement but I bet the King Edwards don't get on with the Maris Pipers and there's loads of trouble.

The thought of evolving into a potato is actually quite appeeling would my kids then be a chip off the old block?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm graham.

fern called Ophioglossum reticulatum has 1260 chromosomes,it seems they a lot older than us !

I'm Martin.

By all accounts there are about 8 times as many atoms in a teaspoon of water than there are teaspoons of water in the Atlantic....

I'm Martin.

Radioactive Man's catchphrase was 'Up and atom!'

Which I thought was really good.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SLP1200 CD Player * Nelson Pass DCB1 Pre amp / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Grant.

Radioactive Man's catchphrase was 'Up and atom!'

Which I thought was really good.
    Ah yes and his sidekick, fallout boy
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D DARBEE - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA 3 PLUS/TIDAL - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I once saw King Edward picking on a Jersey Royal in Morrisons. Albert Bartlett just stood there looking embarrassed I imagine carrots will be even further along the evolutionary chain, with their ability to see in the dark.
    Excuse me, are you the Judean People's Front?

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Densen Beat B400 Plus; Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini-1, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    Panasonic 42" plasma, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

I'm Martin.

Worse than that I was in there the other day and the green veg were all out of their boxes protesting climate change. Couldn't even get down the aisle.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast