+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Atoms and you

I'm Anto.

Default Atoms and you

Shamelessly plundered from Facebook .

Consider that you can see less than 1% of the electromagnetic spectrum and hear less than 1% of the acoustic spectrum. As you read this, you are traveling at 220 km/sec across the galaxy. 90% of the cells in your body carry their own microbial DNA and are not “you.” The atoms in your body are 99.9999999999999999% empty space and none of them are the ones you were born with, but they all originated in the belly of a star. Human beings have 46 chromosomes, 2 less than the common potato.
    The existence of the rainbow depends on the conical photoreceptors in your eyes; to animals without cones, the rainbow does not exist. So you don’t just look at a rainbow, you create it. This is pretty amazing, especially considering that all the beautiful colors you see represent less than 1% of the electromagnetic spectrum.

- NASA Lunar Science Institute, We Originated in the Belly of a Star (2012)
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Oliver.

I feel rather insignificant lol
    Analogue: Technics SP10 MK2 > Phonomac AT-1010 MK6 tonearm > Ortofon Kontrapunkt b > SIMaudio Moon LP5.3RS
    Digital: Orchard Audio PecanPi with JRiver
    Preamplifier: Neurochrome Differential Preamp
    Amplification: Neurochrome Modulus 686
    Speakers: Mordaunt Short Performance 880
    Cables: SPOTFIRE Speaker Cable & SPOTFIRE IC Cables & SPOTFIRE Tonearm cable

Price List For SPOTFIRE Cables here:https://bit.ly/2Uxiv3j

Alternative reading: http://www.audioaddictsforum.com

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
    . Human beings have 46 chromosomes, 2 less than the common potato.

So in a million years or so we will have evolved into potatoes? It sounds like it should be an all-round improvement but I bet the King Edwards don't get on with the Maris Pipers and there's loads of trouble.
    Current Lash Up:

*Sony SCD XB790QS* Nelson Pass DCB1 / Krell KSA100 mkII * JM Lab Electra 926 *

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    So in a million years or so we will have evolved into potatoes? It sounds like it should be an all-round improvement but I bet the King Edwards don't get on with the Maris Pipers and there's loads of trouble.

The thought of evolving into a potato is actually quite appeeling would my kids then be a chip off the old block?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm graham.

fern called Ophioglossum reticulatum has 1260 chromosomes,it seems they a lot older than us !

I'm Martin.

By all accounts there are about 8 times as many atoms in a teaspoon of water than there are teaspoons of water in the Atlantic....

I'm Martin.

Radioactive Man's catchphrase was 'Up and atom!'

Which I thought was really good.
    Current Lash Up:

'You fool! To think that your ape-brain could contain the full knowledge of the Krell!'

I'm Grant.

Radioactive Man's catchphrase was 'Up and atom!'

Which I thought was really good.
    Ah yes and his sidekick, fallout boy
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    OPPO BDP-103D - JBE SERIES 3/B&O SP1/PROJECT PHONOBOX DS2 USB - QUAD VENA 2 - IFI PURIFIER 2/TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK POWER AMPLIFIERS - LEAF HD BLUETOOTH - OPPO PM-3 PLANAR, SONY H900 & NURAPHONE HEADPHONES - ZBOOK/ IFI SILENCER/WIN10 PRO/AUDIRVANA & JRIVER - SMSL M6 DAC & IFI SILENCER - RPI 3+, DIGIONE HAT/VOLUMIO2 - EDINGDALE MK1 SPEAKERS - CABLE INC CHORD, MOGAMI, SUPRA & WIREWORLD

**Men are not punished for their sins, but by them**
    ***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Steve.

I once saw King Edward picking on a Jersey Royal in Morrisons. Albert Bartlett just stood there looking embarrassed I imagine carrots will be even further along the evolutionary chain, with their ability to see in the dark.
    Pining for the fjords? What kind of talk is that? And why did he fall flat on his back the minute I got him home?

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon 2M Black. Phono: Yaqin MS-22B CD: Densen Beat B400 Plus; Headphone/pre: Myryad Z40; Amp: Audion Silver Night 300b stereo
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def. Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini-1, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    Panasonic 42" plasma, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

I'm Martin.

Worse than that I was in there the other day and the green veg were all out of their boxes protesting climate change. Couldn't even get down the aisle.
    Current Lash Up:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast