+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do I need spacers ?

I'm Nuno.

Default Do I need spacers ?

As the title says, do I need spacers installing a Nagaoka MP 110 on a Planar 2?The Rega website suggest spacers are not necessary on Rega arms, "Note: On Rega turntables spacers should not be necessary unless you are you using an exceptionally deep bodied cartridge from another manufacturer."

I'm Geoff.

Somebody here may have the answer, but why not email Rega, I'm sure they can tell you.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Graham.

Audio Origami sell very good arm spacers to raise the height of a single mount Rega. They also sell a set of handy cart spacers in 1mm 2mm, 3mm, 4mm thicknesses. As your nag is.quite short, unless u have a thicker mat, it is more likely you will need cart spacers to.bring the tail of the cart down. However if your cart is nose high / tail dragging, then you need spacers under the arm to level the cart.
    At £5 plus postage the cart spacers are great value and always a handy accessory for any fixed VTA arm. The arm spacers are also very good value and a cheap VTA fix for a Rega arm unless you want to spend a bit more on a Michell or Soundsupports speednut.

I'm Graham.

Btw, it is likely you wont get much further advice from Rega as apparently Roy Gandy who designed the RB300 didn't believe VTA made a difference. You may of course think differently ��

I'm Dave.

Roy Gandy has produced a technical paper on the subject where he discusses VTA. According to him, it is impractical to place the arm bearings of any arm where they should be and therefore dicking around by a mm or two is not worth the bother.

I'm Nuno.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Roy Gandy has produced a technical paper on the subject where he discusses VTA. According to him, it is impractical to place the arm bearings of any arm where they should be and therefore dicking around by a mm or two is not worth the bother.
    Thank you Dave.

+ Reply to Thread