+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Touchscreen Universal Remote Where I Can Name The Keys?

I'm Martin.

Default Touchscreen Universal Remote Where I Can Name The Keys?

I am after a new Universal Remote where I can map and name the keys. Therefore it would have to be a complex touchscreen. Does such a thing exist as I cant see anything interesting with a basic search.

I want to replace my philips Ru 685 with something that doesnt have obsolete keys on its screen like teletext.

Im sure Ive seen these. Didnt Marantz do one....quite pricey but worth it so I can pack up most of my remotes.

I want to name keys as some unusual functions will never be found on stock learning remotes and no key is suitable to map them two.

Ah Hang on Ive just jogged my memory.... something like The Philips Pronto...I wonder if that names special keys...aaah I think it does

Ah I think I might have found something ideal but any suggestions or what you use would be helpful
    Cheers Ears
    Martin
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 17-06-2019 at 04:59.

I'm Rob.

I'm a great fan of Logitech Harmony Remotes. Personally, I use the simpler ones (a wife friendly 350 for TV/PVR/DVD, and a 650 for my hifi), but my brother and best friend both have the more expensive touch screen variants and love them. Another option is to go for the Harmony Hub that effectively turns your smartphone or tablet into a remote.
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Patrick.

I bought a little Arduino module with an IR blaster and wrote an HTML touch controller (using bootstrap) that works on a mobile phone.

Might be an option for someone that enjoys a bit of DIY coding.

I'm Jason.

The Philips Pronto let’s you name keys and edit the screen layout but I’m pretty sure they are discontinued now. I have an 18 year old one that, amazingly, is still working.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetalboon View Post
    The Philips Pronto let’s you name keys and edit the screen layout but I’m pretty sure they are discontinued now. I have an 18 year old one that, amazingly, is still working.
    Yes thats an option as Im looking at a couple now. I think it was discontinued a long time ago and relies on aftermarket recharge battery packs

I'm Nathan.

It sounds like the Pronto is what you want or even this 1 that is for sale.

https://www.avforums.com/threads/mar...ntrol.2234629/

I've had many Philips Pronto remotes, Just remember they do take a lot of work to get going.

I've now started using the Harmony elite remote. So much easier to set up.

I'm Paul.

I've got a Harmony one which has a small display you can put soft keys of your choice but then are a lot of hard keys you might not use for certain boxes.

Logitechs software is what makes the difference with their remotes.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Current system:
    RPi + Allo Digione
    Beresford Caiman Seg & Dorado powered by 15v Linear PSU
    Transcendent Sound Mini Beast OTL
    Amptastic Mini-1
    Klipsch KG4.5 Speakers with Titanium Diagphrams and Sonicap Cap upgrade
    110aH Leisure Battery powers the Mini-1 & Digione

I'm Martin.

Thanks everyone. Ive gone with the Marantz 1400 on a good deal for £25. I can name about 5 keys at the top which will do me and it covers 12 devices. Lights up like a christmas tree which is impressive in the evening.

The 2000 (Beam me up scotty) is only available from US sellers

My philips 865 looks great but its just a bit awkward to use and unusual keys cant be named

The Pronto was reported by one seller as needing full computer links and XP. Theres a NEO version which may be simpler but not sure. I thinks its slightly over complicated for what I need.

Cant see anything new on the market with the lcd display...have they gone out of fashion? Is everyone buying one for all granny remotes

Oh the Logitech Harmony screens are about £160. I wanted to pay far less than that.
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 18-06-2019 at 08:13.

+ Reply to Thread