+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello to all !

I'm Sven.

Default Hello to all !

Quick intro:

Using mainly the Quad Pa One as a headphone amp, AKG K701 headphones as a backup - substitution for the now defunct (right cup - driver or whatever gone) Grado GS1000 headphone, as a main headphone rig.

The source is either the MacBook Pro Retina 2015 for the moment, or couple of Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (mainly off of the HDD) digital recorders.

The interest that has been resumed lately are the FM-tuners. Rogers T100 (faulty display), Kenwood KT-5020 and some others SS tuners, as well as the Leak Trough Line II valve tuner (waiting for the IC-based decoder, if it ever arrives). Tim de Paravicini EAR FM-stereo decoder is something I am curious about, in regard to the Leak tuner.

Listening mostly to EDM (radio shows), either recorded or downloaded, but also more eclectic and classical music as well.

Happy to have joined the community here...

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hi Sejo, and welcome to the forum! I love to see the variety of kit and countries we have here on AoS, never been to Sweden but somewhere I would love to visit one day. Well, have fun and see you around!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Sejo.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Sven.

Default Wow, Thanks!!!

Never seen all these messages; until now, that is, so want to take the opportunity and say a warm Thank You to all of you!

Still tinkering with the tuners, in addition to those mentioned, couple of others: Technics ST-S7 (timer programmable, so great for the multiple (yes - up to two times per day programmable ) scheduled FM-recordings; NAD 402 (probably the sonic favourite, but Kenwood KT-5020 came strong today), still struggling a bit with the Leak TL 2; (never obtained the TdP decoder or similar, do have one solid state decoder though); one other great valve tuner;

Was pleasantly surprised the evening before with the sound quality of the Kenwood KT-5020, which I initially did not care much about. Listened for a brief period of time, and it did leave a lasting impression, although a more thorough comparison with other tuners is needed in this case.

I do plan to record some radio broadcasts in 1 on 1 tests of the chosen pairs of all these tuners (including the Rogers T100), with matched volume levels, of the same antenna (ordinary dipole thus far) in CD (red book) standard (bit and sampling rate, although I would prefer 48 kHz instead of 44,1, but this is the hardware limitation of the recorder(s) I am using).

I have already started that some time ago, but need to make some additional preparations and adjustments.

The issue is also to upload the recordings, or samples, somewhere where all interested members of the forum would be able to download the recordings and listen for themselves and give their opinions, but that might be ambitious project, or perhaps something hardly anyone could be interested in, so...

Anyway, great to be here!
    Last edited by ersel; 09-07-2020 at 07:14. Reason: a missing smiley at the beginning of the post

+ Reply to Thread