+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi There

I'm Bob.

Default Hi There

So, much to my shame, I have actually been registered here since 2013, but with no posts...I plan to sort that.

I started as most of us do with fairly basic kit in 1983..rega Planar 3 (sold just a few years ago) Creek amp (was it a 4030, or 3040..can't remember and similarly numbered tuner) through Boston acoustic speakers. It was an amazing budget setup, though didn't feel budget at the time. I added some arcam, dual and NAD stuff through the years, then started getting more serious around the time I joined the forum. went through the stages of amps..Audiolab, Vincent hybrid monos, Manley snappers, and finally to ATC SCM50 ASLTs. At the same time my analoge source went to SME 20/2 with a top end MB cart and a Whest PS30RDTSE phono stage. Pre's have included 2 variants of SJS arcadia, an ATC (SCIA2 ?), and a Puresound L300 (lovely). Speakers ELAC, Spendor A9, ATC SCM40 and finally the actives.

Problem is, since retirement my time spent listening to music has fallen off the cliff. So I downsized the analogue to RP8, aphaeta 2 and aria, and consolidated other boxes to Naim N 272. One year later I'm looking to go further, so the ATCs are sold and the Naim is about to be. I'll be looking for some nice used speakers and amps.

So quite the journey, and probably not too uncommon. I cannot make myself sell my vinyl..yet! But who knows in time. If Anyone has an interest in my view on any of the kit here, just send me a PM.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Hi Bob, and glad to finally hear from you! Sounds like you've been on a pretty serious hi-fi journey! I would have expected MORE time to listen after retirement? That's buggered my hopes then! Well, enjoy the forum and look forward to hearing what speakers and amps you end up with - ask us for advice - we love spending other people's money, and will never agree on what you should get!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Shane.

Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Bob,

No time to listen to music since you retired? How come? I found the exact opposite - but then we are all different.

Anyway I hope you can find time to spin a tune or two, amongst your other interests.

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread