+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: UPS Warning - Don’t Bother!!!!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    I have and it and the lid (sent in another box) arrived all in one piece. I would post a TT and lid again, but the packing needs to be up to the job and the item packed to survive WW3.
    yup, it was fairly heavy too but was pretty bomb proof.

Iwas going to send one once; my srm but couldn't get happy enough with it so did a meet up
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Nigel.

I dare say there are horror stories about all the couriers.
    It is a bit pot luck.
    I once had a box containing a Garrard 401 and SME arm not turn up.
    Went through the claims process which eventually paid up.
    Six months later a box appeared in the shed.....guess what was in it?
    Yep...the Garrard.
    On the box was written "Not Royal Mail"
    So I guess that it got mixed up with RM stuff and had been sitting in an office somewhere.

I'm Paul.

I work for UPS.
    I load the vans in the mornings and "we don't do air mail" (ie parcels being chucked about) is one of the key phrases they drum into us.

Generally, heavy loads are handled really carefully with as much safe handling as we can manage because primarily we're looking to avoid damaging ourselves as well as the parcels.
    I regularly handle stuff for Winchester HiFi on my vans - Proac speakers and the like - and also for the branch of Audio T in Chandlers Ford and I always take extra special care with anything marked for those two businesses.

Loaders are under pressure just as the drivers are, but overall I would say our service is much, much better than the likes of My Hermes and easily on a par with Royal Mail and DHL from my own experiences.

I had a CD delivered today through the post and the front part of the box was completely smashed and I was really surprised because it was in the usual jiffybag and I couldn't remember the last time that happened.
    I would like to think that yours was an extremely rare experience.

What I would add is that you should look up your local depot and contact them.
    Looking on the website there's a virtual assistant system that might be able to help you.
    Occasionally we'll get a complaint and generally it's someone in the admin office who deals with it so if you can get that far you should at least be able to shout at someone real.
    Sorry I don't know the local depot to you.
    I can ask at work tomorrow if you like ??
    Linn Sondek LP12, Ittok, AT-F7
    Schiit Mani MK1 Phono Pre-Amp
    Nobsound NS-08P Bluetooth pre-amp
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    2 x Meridian 205 monoblock power amps
    Tannoy T225 "Mayfair" speakers
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by rigger67 View Post
    I work for UPS.
    I load the vans in the mornings and "we don't do air mail" (ie parcels being chucked about) is one of the key phrases they drum into us.

Generally, heavy loads are handled really carefully with as much safe handling as we can manage because primarily we're looking to avoid damaging ourselves as well as the parcels.
    I regularly handle stuff for Winchester HiFi on my vans - Proac speakers and the like - and also for the branch of Audio T in Chandlers Ford and I always take extra special care with anything marked for those two businesses.

Loaders are under pressure just as the drivers are, but overall I would say our service is much, much better than the likes of My Hermes and easily on a par with Royal Mail and DHL from my own experiences.

I had a CD delivered today through the post and the front part of the box was completely smashed and I was really surprised because it was in the usual jiffybag and I couldn't remember the last time that happened.
    I would like to think that yours was an extremely rare experience.

What I would add is that you should look up your local depot and contact them.
    Looking on the website there's a virtual assistant system that might be able to help you.
    Occasionally we'll get a complaint and generally it's someone in the admin office who deals with it so if you can get that far you should at least be able to shout at someone real.
    Sorry I don't know the local depot to you.
    I can ask at work tomorrow if you like ??
    I work for royal mail, privatisation has fukt it up, too much to do in too little time,the staff try their best but are effectively bullied and fook ups happen, management to blame, I've seen it go tits up over 34 yrs
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Grant.

My tame postman is a gent. Even stashes stuff in my shed if I'm out.
    He is into coffee and vinyl too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Paul.

I think your nearest branch is Northampton.
    I mean the nearest depot.
    We feed an area stretching from Southampton north to Winchester and northern Hants, east past Pompey and west in to Dorset, past Poole.
    Unless there's another depot somewhere in Norfolk I'm pretty sure the base depot for deliveries to you will be Northampton.
    I looked on Google maps but there's no phone number listed so a quick call to direct enquiries might help.
    The address is : Lower Farm Rd, Moulton Park, Northampton NN3 6XF.
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by rigger67 View Post
    I think your nearest branch is Northampton.
    I mean the nearest depot.
    We feed an area stretching from Southampton north to Winchester and northern Hants, east past Pompey and west in to Dorset, past Poole.
    Unless there's another depot somewhere in Norfolk I'm pretty sure the base depot for deliveries to you will be Northampton.
    I looked on Google maps but there's no phone number listed so a quick call to direct enquiries might help.
    The address is : Lower Farm Rd, Moulton Park, Northampton NN3 6XF.
    Thank you for this info & your help in trying to sort it out - you are genuinely the first representative of UPS that is offering any assistance.

I am currently in talks with someone from their Nuneaton depot (god knows why but they contacted me) & also someone supposedly acting on behalf of Dave Abney in the US.

I have advised that if I do not get a satisfactory outcome, my next steps is the small claims court.

The last mail I had from someone was on Tuesday so to be fair they will have until next Tuesday (25th) to get back to me with their response.

If nothing is forthcoming by Tuesday I will pursue in the Small Claims Court.

I'm Paul.

Good luck with it.
    I've only ever spoken to a couple of people who had any trouble with the company and they both were fully compensated, so I would expect the matter to be fully resolved.

As a company if your sole purpose is logistics, you have to hold your hands up if something goes wrong and take the hit, surely ??
    So long as you've got photos I can't see how they can argue against it, especially not with the threat of court.

If it was me, I would also consider social media and local newspapers too, because judging by The Southern Daily Echo's website they'll be desperate for stories, the amount of shyte they "publish" on there ...
    Marantz CD5004 CD Player
    Pure DAB tuner
    www.paulridgeblog.com

I'm alan.

My Radford STA-25 was delivered the length of the country by UPS.

"I was sweating like a gypsy with a mortgage"

But to my relief it was delivered unscathed.

I'm Martin.

So you finally got it then. Happy?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast