+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: UPS Warning - Don’t Bother!!!!

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeman1973 View Post
    A word of warning for those dispatching HiFi using (F*ck) UPS - please think again.

I paid £22 to have a turntable delivered, with insurance- they delivered it alright, in pieces!!

Over 2 weeks on & lots of emails & calls to a less than useless call centre & I eventually get a mail from the head of UK, telling me the damage was caused because I didn’t pack it well enough - nothing to do with them playing football with it. The receiver commented on how well it was packed & surprised how it got damaged.

They returned the table to me, wait for it with more damage than when it was originally received - they’re not even willing to acknowledge this even though I have photographic evidence!

Regardless of not paying for the damage, they’re not even going to refund me the original £22 I paid for insured delivery so I now have a knackered TT that was worth around £400 before they got their hands on it that I have paid £22 for the privilege of being returned to me.

Total shower of s*it with no concern for the customer at all. I’ve also since found out that they don’t have a complaints department - probably because they’d be overwhelmed!!

Anyway, my rant over but just a word of warning to others who might think using a so called reputable company is worth the extra - well it isn’t so might as well use Hermes or DPD
    Sorry to hear of your extremely poor experience Russ , collection only rules .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

New pair of active speakers delivered today by UPS in perfect condition - it really does depend on the personnel involved in my opinion.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    New pair of active speakers delivered today by UPS in perfect condition - it really does depend on the personnel involved in my opinion.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
    I agree, if ya got tosspots working in your depot area then you're fooked. Every couriers got 'em. UPS could be good in X but diabolical in Y.

I'm Russell.

Well, after a couple of weeks, further emails to CEOs etc. I finally have some resolution....

They've now agreed it is their fault and I have just received a cheque from them. Not to cover the whole amount I sold the TT for but enough hopefully to repair the damage they caused.

Not an ideal outcome but one that I will accept however will never use UPS again and ensure that everyone I deal with knows the pitfalls of dealing with them in case of any issues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567