+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sugden LS21 loudspeakers

I'm ahto.

Default Sugden LS21 loudspeakers

anyone with any experience of these? especially vis-á-vis Harbeths.

many thanks

ahto
    Lenco L75 in a very heavy plinth /Hadcock 228 /London Decca Blue /Croft SMA IV Octal with separate 2020 PSU/ Croft 7R monos /Harbeth SHL5

Fletcher .3 /Hadcock 228 / Denon 103R/ Croft HeadAmp /Croft Mega Micro II (2015) /Croft Series 5 MkIi /Markaudio SOTA Cesti B

Leak Troughline III GTA / Vecteur D-2.2 / Wadia 121 / Katana, Isolator & RPi /RFC & AntiCable

I'm Phil.

Ha , i doubt if they would beat your lovely harbeth shl5plus , they make wonderful amps but no one ever mentions their speakers
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm Graham.

I heard these shortly after release. Not surprisingly a good match with the a21 amps. IIRC, midrange was a highlight. Being a modern slim speaker, they have that tighter bass common to smaller drivers, plenty of it but of the more insistent variety, rather than old school blousy.
    Definitely worth a listen at the right price s/h.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by graham67 View Post
    I heard these shortly after release. Not surprisingly a good match with the a21 amps. IIRC, midrange was a highlight. Being a modern slim speaker, they have that tighter bass common to smaller drivers, plenty of it but of the more insistent variety, rather than old school blousy.
    Definitely worth a listen at the right price s/h.
    Funny how one man's tighter is another's lack of. Or, at the other end, warm vs bloated. My experience is small drivers forced to do bass beyond their capabilities becomes increasingly "one note" as they are made to go lower.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

And big drivers do not necessarily do low bass.

There's another thread here about these Sugden speakers, or maybe they were mentioned on 'Bargains on ebay' thread. They are quite recent models and the spec looks pretty good.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    And big drivers do not necessarily do low bass.

There's another thread here about these Sugden speakers, or maybe they were mentioned on 'Bargains on ebay' thread. They are quite recent models and the spec looks pretty good.
    True I'm talking about big drivers in quite large cabinets, if they're optimized for higher sensitivity rather than bass response they might not dig as deep. But they still seem to load the air in the room better and give that sense of real presence smaller drivers can't do.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm ahto.

many thanks for your thoughts. there's a pair on offer semi-locally for €1000, but to be honest I'm very happy with the Harbeths. just a stray thought.
    Lenco L75 in a very heavy plinth /Hadcock 228 /London Decca Blue /Croft SMA IV Octal with separate 2020 PSU/ Croft 7R monos /Harbeth SHL5

Fletcher .3 /Hadcock 228 / Denon 103R/ Croft HeadAmp /Croft Mega Micro II (2015) /Croft Series 5 MkIi /Markaudio SOTA Cesti B

Leak Troughline III GTA / Vecteur D-2.2 / Wadia 121 / Katana, Isolator & RPi /RFC & AntiCable

+ Reply to Thread