+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phase vocoders

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Frampton's Talkbox was not the same as a vocoder and though I may well be wrong, I thought Cher's effort was autotune from within Pro Tools..?

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniq...g-cher-believe

"I played around with the vocals and realised that the vocoder effect could work, but not with the Korg — the results just weren't clear enough. So instead, I used a Digitech Talker — a reasonably new piece of kit that looks like an old guitar foot pedal, which I suspect is what it was originally designed for [see review in SOS April 1998]. You plug your mic straight into it, and it gives you a vocoder-like effect, but with clarity; it almost sounds like you've got the original voice coming out the other end. I used a tone from the Nord Rack as a carrier signal and sequenced the notes the Nord was playing from Cubase to follow Cher's vocal melody
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dave.

Looks as though there was an interesting article on vocoders in SOS in January 1994. Is there an archive from which such articles can be liberated?
    Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12