+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6l ultrasonic cleaner

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickfna View Post
    I have both the ultrasonic set up and a Pro-Ject vacuum machine so i don't have the drying issues, but what i will say is that the ultrasonic cleans the records
    miles better than the vacuum does.

Also a good idea is to put together a filter system to clean the solution as you will be topping up a lot.

with this setup i can clean 20 records in about an hour which is plenty cos after an that ive more than had enough of the noise.

Total cost for ultrasonic tank,drive module,filtering system and extra axle type thing less than £250
    That’s a good looking setup! The filter is a nice touch, to keep on cleaning without having to change batches of fluid. Strange how the price of ultrasonic has gotten to be the most affordable solution.

Russell

I'm Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    That’s a good looking setup! The filter is a nice touch, to keep on cleaning without having to change batches of fluid. Strange how the price of ultrasonic has gotten to be the most affordable solution.

Russell
    Thanks Russel
    The filtering is in my opinion a must if your buying vinyl thats at least 35 years old, The solution gets dirty very quickly.

Nick.
    Technics sp10 mkii, PMAT1010 MK6,Ortofon 530mkii
    JVC AX-Z1010
    Monitor Audio GS10
    Sony CDP 761E
    WDMycloud, Raspberry Pi 3 Pecan Pi Dac

I'm Russell.

Thanks Russel
    The filtering is in my opinion a must if your buying vinyl thats at least 35 years old, The solution gets dirty very quickly.

Nick.
    When I first got my RCM, I cleaned about 3 records. Nothing special, just from my own collection. And I drained the waste water into a plastic bottle, and it was as dark as tea! So cleaning lots of very soiled records could make a mess of the fluid in short order! Nothing wrong with changing out the fluid every batch, but keeping that much clean water on hand could be troublesome. Filtering really seems like the way to go.

Russell

I'm david.

I have both the ultrasonic set up and a Pro-Ject vacuum machine so i don't have the drying issues, but what i will say is that the ultrasonic cleans the records
    miles better than the vacuum does.

Also a good idea is to put together a filter system to clean the solution as you will be topping up a lot.

with this setup i can clean 20 records in about an hour which is plenty cos after an that ive more than had enough of the noise.

Total cost for the ultrasonic tank, drive module, filtering system and extra axle type thing less than £250
    Hi there, hope you don't mind me resurrecting this post. I am planning on putting together an ultrasonic cleaning machine. I am very attracted to continuous filtration, as per your solution. Would you mind pointing me to the supplier you used to source the filter module/case, plus the pump details and any other info you are able to share? I have found a good 6L tank and a 6 disk motor-driven caddy. so this would be the cherry on the cake....thanks...I've pm'ed too, in case you don't see this post, but thought it better to public post so others can see the dialogue.

I'm Nick.

JVC AX-Z1010
    Monitor Audio GS10
    Sony CDP 761E

I'm david.

Great, thanks, really helpful. A couple of clarifying questions if I may:-

Do you operate the pump in the tank or outside of the tank? I've (possibly incorrectly) assumed submersible water pumps needed to be in water?

Do you run this filtration continuously while cleaning the records?

How long do the filters last before you have to replace them?

Do you do any other filtering when you store the used cleaning liquid or is the continuous filtration enough?

Can you give some idea of how long and how many cleaning sessions you get from a batch of made-up cleaning fluid?

Sorry for all the questions, trying to learn before I plunge in.

Thanks

I'm david.

closer examination of your photos, looks like the little pump is outside, so I guess that must work, which is good, as I would worry about it snagging with the revolving records.

I'm Nick.

hi David

Do you operate the pump in the tank or outside of the tank? I've (possibly incorrectly) assumed submersible water pumps needed to be in water?
    outside the tank,the info sheet of the pump shows the different ways it can be run.

Do you run this filtration continuously while cleaning the records?
    No.

How long do the filters last before you have to replace them?
    Iv'e changed the filter once since I started using this system over two years ago.

Do you do any other filtering when you store the used cleaning liquid or is the continuous filtration enough?
    the cleaning solution is left in the tank, if it's not been used for a week or so I will filter the
    solution then run the tank for five minutes empty before cleaning the records.

Can you give some idea of how long and how many cleaning sessions you get from a batch of made-up cleaning fluid?
    Dunno really, but you will need to have some solution made up as the tank will need topping up regulary..

I use this recipe for making the solution.

https://londonjazzcollector.wordpres...r-vacuum-rcms/

Regards
    Nick.
    JVC AX-Z1010
    Monitor Audio GS10
    Sony CDP 761E

I'm Nick.

You will also need these. don't ask the fitting size tho as i can't remember two weeks ago let alone two years

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121360796...53.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tefen-Nyl...item1cc56a2906

Nick.
    JVC AX-Z1010
    Monitor Audio GS10
    Sony CDP 761E

I'm Steve.

As it happens I'm just finishing designing & printing the parts for one of these. Assembled, the motor-turning device & its PSU should run to around £34. That excludes the ultrasonic tank of course!

Steve

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast