+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: How Much....??? (Don't make me laugh)

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    If I paid 17 bones for 20 clothes pegs, I certainly wouldn't be leaving them outside - round here they'd disappear overnight.
    Damn I should have thought of that and climbed over a few garden fences before I spent all that money! And now I'm going to have to see if there's such a thing as a lockable peg basket.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Well, back on to "how much?" - I've just got the washing in, and fed up of cheap plastic pegs that break or come apart, or wooden ones that rot and stain, decided to find "the World's best Clothes Pegs" (I know, First World problem...) and apparently these are they - https://stainlesssteelclothespegs.co...l-clothes-pin/ £17 for 20 pegs, but, they have a lifetime guarantee, and can be left out all year round. For utilitarian items like this I'm a strong believer in "buy cheap buy twice". My wife thinks I'm crazy spending this much on clothes pegs, but as I get older, for stupid stuff like this I want to buy something that will last me the rest of my life. Maybe they'll become a family heirloom!
    We've still got the wooden clothes pegs we bought from Woolworths twenty or so years ago for a fiver. To be fair we rarely hang clothes outside to dry.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I just use the tumble dryer... I've never put any clothes out on the line..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm joe.

Our pegs are mainly used to seal up opened packets of cereals these days.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    I just use the tumble dryer... I've never put any clothes out on the line..
    Moi aussi, though hanging out washing to dry costs much less than using a dryer - it's free.
    Barry

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Must admit there's nothing worse than towels dried on the line - even in the summer they need a spin in the tumble. Apparently the Pincinox pegs are perfect for cereal packet duties too, but then they would say that as they want me to keep splurging money on them!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Steve.

Must admit there's nothing worse than towels dried on the line - even in the summer they need a spin in the tumble. Apparently the Pincinox pegs are perfect for cereal packet duties too, but then they would say that as they want me to keep splurging money on them!
    Do they sell them separately? I might get one to hang up outside the toilet.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Steve.

Damn I should have thought of that and climbed over a few garden fences before I spent all that money! And now I'm going to have to see if there's such a thing as a lockable peg basket.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk
    Lockable peg basket - good idea, though you'll need a good quality ground anchor to prevent the basket getting nicked. Getting to be less and less of a bargain

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    Do they sell them separately?
    No, but maybe there's a business opportunity here for me, I could bulk buy sell them singly along with little bunches of lucky heather. That might work outside the toilet, too?
    Alex

I'm Steve.

No, but maybe there's a business opportunity here for me, I could bulk buy sell them singly along with little bunches of lucky heather. That might work outside the toilet, too?
    You could be onto something there Alex. Also sitting down and listing all the possible applications should widen their appeal. I'm not saying you should use the words 'nipple clamps', or even comment on their electrical conductivity, but some other uses we have already touched on.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast