+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What 3 Things Are Important To You?

I'm Martin.

When they were built it was all countryside. All the other houses round about were built 40 to 60 years later.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Some of them do.
    Cool

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    When they were built it was all countryside. All the other houses round about were built 40 to 60 years later.
    That's a bit like our place. Before the modern houses surrounding our property were built, it was miles of land/fields, representing part of Acton Hall estate, which led to the old hall itself, and that our gatehouse was part of. There's an identical lodge to ours at the other end of the estate, which is now council owned.

You can see the images here of bygone times, the gates in front of our lodge, and the old hall itself, which sadly has been knocked down: https://www.google.com/search?q=acto...hrome&ie=UTF-8 or https://www.google.com/search?q=acto...DO3AnMslOLR_M:

Lots of history

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Yes, so many fantastic old places have been ripped down by idiots. They mostly get away with it too.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I know.... With local councils, if the back-hander received is suitably generous, then let's just say many 'doors' can be opened

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    For us Portsmouth is considered kinda the poor area and Southsea the posh & expensive area

I live in the Portmouth bit as does Colin

When Colin was buying his house we looked at houses in Southsea but for the same money you can get a house twice the size in parts of Portsmouth, which is what he did...
    Those of us from Southampton consider the whole of Portsmouth, Southsea, Gosport and Fareham to be the 'poor area'...

Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

Yesh, but you don't have a hammock!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Adam.

True, but I do have a hot tub!! )

To be fair, Southampton is a bigger s*it-hole than Portsmouth these days. The only time we ever go into the city centre is if we need to visit John Lewis. We went there on Sunday and were amazed by how many buildings have been demolished since we were last there, which was probably a year ago or more!

Then again, Southampton doesn’t have a ‘nuclear bomb test’ joke about it... ;o)
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I wouldn't thank you to live in any of these congested big cities, especially down south! If I were you, I'd stick to the relative peace and tranquility of rural Hampshire

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Geoff.

Gravesend is the place. I'm surprised they don't make more movies there, as it manages a pretty good 'post apocalyptic' look.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast