+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What 3 Things Are Important To You?

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yes Rob, but you have kids, which adds a totally different dimension to your life, and so if you're a good parent, which I know you are, your priorities and time revolve around doing what's best for *them*, not you, which makes achieving some of what I've outlined above rather difficult.

However, it's about embracing the essence of those concepts and, as Martin (Minstrel says), having, I quote: "the wisdom and serenity to know whats really important in life" [clue: not money or material possessions], and not taking your eye off that ball

Marco.
    True Marco and perceptive of you.

My kids, wife and family are no. 1, throw in work, church life and church commitments / meetings as a member of the church leadership does indeed sometimes leave barely a smidgeon for me stuf, BUT yeah, I do get my priorities right and can look myself in the mirror which has to be a good thing
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Maybe we should also have 3 things that are the least important to you?
    Anything that is merely an embellishment.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    True Marco and perceptive of you.

My kids, wife and family are no. 1, throw in work, church life and church commitments / meetings as a member of the church leadership does indeed sometimes leave barely a smidgeon for me stuf, BUT yeah, I do get my priorities right and can look myself in the mirror which has to be a good thing
    Cool - and *that*, my friend, [and liking what you see, I don't necessarily mean in a physical sense, but as they say, your eyes are the window to your soul - and so only by liking who/what YOU are, can you hope to love or like others], is VERY important.

And yes, I'm quite a perceptive person. Too many broken/damaged people out there, spending their 'lives' hating the world and everyone in it, as a result of not liking what they see when they look in that mirror....

Getting rather deep today, aren't we?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Anything that is merely an embellishment.
    Digital photography?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Shaun.

Digital photography?

Marco.

I'm Shaun.

It's good Marco but it is no substitute for the real thing

I'm Rich.

Isn't this place a form of social media?

Marco.
    Yes, I'd think so. That's why I never say a bad word about enjoying a little bit of hypocrisy now and again

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

Too right, bro!

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Andy.

1. Keeping my weight down.
    2. Having order around me
    3. Freedom to work, rest and play when I want.

I'm joe.

Cool - and *that*, my friend, [and liking what you see, I don't necessarily mean in a physical sense, but as they say, your eyes are the window to your soul - and so only by liking who/what YOU are, can you hope to love or like others], is VERY important.

And yes, I'm quite a perceptive person. Too many broken/damaged people out there, spending their 'lives' hating the world and everyone in it, as a result of not liking what they see when they look in that mirror....

Getting rather deep today, aren't we?

Marco.
    But isn't that a bit like marking your own homework? Look in mirror, see self, happy with what you see, job done.

But as Rabbie Burns put it:
    'O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
    To see oursels as ithers see us!'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast