+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What 3 Things Are Important To You?

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

1. My Dog

2. My Car

3. My Garden

None of which are especially good or different but all are very important to me.
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm Phil.

A] being able to look after people`s spiritual and housing needs
    2] The state of the nhs
    3] Winegums !
    Last edited by hifinutt; 13-06-2019 at 08:36.
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Maybe we should also have 3 things that are the least important to you?
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Maybe we should also have 3 things that are the least important to you?
    TV soaps

'Reality' TV

Slebs

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Thumbs up My three most important things

Taking also the love of your pets as a given, and ignoring material possessions... I'm most in tune with Martin (Minstrel) so far. For me, mental and spiritual well-being: having a 'happy head', as it were, is vital, so these are my three 'biggies':

1) Happiness and feeling a genuine sense of fulfilment and contentment with life. Waking up every morning with a smile on my face, looking forward to the day ahead, facing no real worries or stress. [Tick]

2) TIME to do what I want, when I want, on my own or with those I care for, and divorcing myself (as far as possible) from the most odious influences of today's world - and just enjoying LIVING, rather than merely existing. And experiencing a genuine sense of FREEDOM. [Tick]

3) Being in CONTROL, as far as possible (God allowing), not of the people I know or live with, but of MY FUTURE, based on making MY DECISIONS, standing or falling on them, rather than being controlled by the decisions of others. [Tick]

If I could squeeze one more in there, I'd be loving NATURE: appreciating the wonder and majesty of the trees and the flowers and the sky that surround us, and all of God's creatures and creations: the very things that allow our (now crying) earth to BREATHE.....

How many of us these days, when out walking wherever we are, ever take the time to look around, AND UP, rather than simply straight ahead or down, and appreciate the above [or worse are glued to our bloody mobile phones], while we're constantly chasing our tails and running around like headless chickens, weighed down by the burdens and pressures of modern life...?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    TV soaps

'Reality' TV

Slebs
    I'd replace TV soaps with social media and be in complete agreement on the other two.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

Isn't this place a form of social media?

But I get your point and agree... If all the servers controlling the platforms of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat [and all similar pish] crashed and burned tomorrow, with no hope of recovery, I wouldn't bat an eyelid!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Taking also the love of your pets as a given, and ignoring material possessions... I'm most in tune with Martin (Minstrel) so far. For me, mental and spiritual well-being: having a 'happy head', as it were, is vital, so these are my three 'biggies':

1) Happiness and feeling a genuine sense of fulfilment and contentment with life. Waking up every morning with a smile on my face, looking forward to the day ahead, facing no real worries or stress.

2) TIME to do what I want, when I want, on my own or with those I care for, and divorcing myself (as much as possible) from the most odious influences of today's society - and just enjoying LIVING, rather than merely existing.

3) Being in CONTROL, as far as possible (God allowing), not of the people I know or live with, but of MY FUTURE, based on making MY DECISIONS, standing or falling on them, rather than being controlled by the decisions of others.

If I could squeeze one more in there, I'd be loving NATURE: appreciating the wonder and majesty of the trees and the flowers and the sky that surround us, and all of God's creatures: the very things that allow our (now crying) earth to BREATHE.....

How many of us these days even take the time to look around, AND UP, rather than simply straight ahead or down, and appreciate the above, while we're constantly chasing our tails and running around like headless chickens, weighed down by the burdens and pressures of modern life...?

Marco.
    Can only agree as these strike a cord with me being aspects of my life that are fundamentally my hopes and aspirations towards my own personal fulfillment.

And yes, I spend a lot of my life waiting on others in one way or the other.

It feels as if my wants and needs are either out of my hands or remain on the back bench which leaves me often sad and frustrated - not in control and something I have to change somehow, not easy.
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    Can only agree as these strike a cord with me being aspects of my life that are fundamentally my hopes and aspirations towards my own personal fulfillment.

And yes, I spend a lot of my life waiting on others in one way or the other.

It feels as if my wants and needs are either out of my hands or remain on the back bench which leaves me often sad and frustrated - not in control and something I have to change somehow, not easy.
    Yes Rob, but you have kids, which adds a totally different dimension to your life, and so if you're a good parent, which I know you are, your priorities and time revolve around doing what's best for *them*, not you, which makes achieving some of what I've outlined above rather difficult.

However, it's about embracing the essence of those concepts and, as Martin (Minstrel says), having, I quote: "the wisdom and serenity to know whats really important in life" [clue: not money or material possessions], and not taking your eye off that ball

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Shaun.

A roof, food, a means to pay my way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast