+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: My new foster dog

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Just a lovely looking doggie Geoff
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Vince.

Hi Geoff,
    I have 2 Staffies and the bitch was a rescue dog. Her owner was an apparent drug taker/dealer and he would have her on the lead and constantly kick her repeatedly. She was around 14-15 months when we got her. It took 6 months for her to stop wetting herself when you raised your voice. However she is now 11 years old and loved to bits. The dog is now 15 years old and he is still running around like a pup.
    He caught her on her first heat, it was literally 10 seconds of turning our backs on them and they were tied. She had 11 healthy pups that were all house trained by the time they were 6-7 weeks old. My missus cried for every one of them as they went to new homes.
    She is ginger and white and he is black, every pup was jet black, not one ginger one.
    We had her spayed after the pups went as she was like a skeleton after bringing up 11 pups and I think it would have killed her if he caught her again.
    They are the light in our lives, funny, protective and 110% unconditional love from them.
    People who mistreat them should be whipped and I mean whipped properly.
    Hope she gives you years of love and companionship.
    What is a square head and why should you watch out for her.
    Well done Geoff
    Last edited by Vince; 23-08-2019 at 05:52.

I'm Geoff.

Vince, that's a heartwarming tale. Thank you for sharing it with me.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Geoff.

Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Grant.

looks to have enjoyed the walk...
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Patrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    She had 11 healthy pups that were all house trained by the time they were 6-7 weeks old. My missus cried for every one of them as they went to new homes.
    Our Border Terrier, Florence, had 6 puppies 18 mths ago (planned) and we weren't exactly crying for the four that went to new homes after 8 weeks! Not that we didn't love them, but boy are they a lot of work, and at that age you need to spend more one-on-one time with them than you have. One new owner hasn't chosen to keep in touch but we have seen the other three since (we had a BBQ with 7 related Border Terriers earlier in the summer) and they have all grown into lovely dogs with great homes. We ended up keeping two puppies because we wanted another bitch (and there was only one) and one of the dogs had a malformed eye so we kept him too. BTW, don't ever have two from the same litter - our two are a right handful together.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    We had her spayed after the pups went as she was like a skeleton after bringing up 11 pups and I think it would have killed her if he caught her again.
    Florence went incredibly skinny after her puppies and we kept her away once they were on hard food. But I think one litter is enough so she's now spayed too.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dixon View Post
    Our Border Terrier, Florence, had 6 puppies 18 mths ago (planned) and we weren't exactly crying for the four that went to new homes after 8 weeks! Not that we didn't love them, but boy are they a lot of work, and at that age you need to spend more one-on-one time with them than you have. One new owner hasn't chosen to keep in touch but we have seen the other three since (we had a BBQ with 7 related Border Terriers earlier in the summer) and they have all grown into lovely dogs with great homes. We ended up keeping two puppies because we wanted another bitch (and there was only one) and one of the dogs had a malformed eye so we kept him too. BTW, don't ever have two from the same litter - our two are a right handful together.

Florence went incredibly skinny after her puppies and we kept her away once they were on hard food. But I think one litter is enough so she's now spayed too.
    Love borders. Sons one is near end of her life alas at nearly 12 and has breast cancer.

I had a boy and a great companion he was.
    Best dogs around imo.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Neil.

Lovely looking dog, well done taking her in.
    Regards Neil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678