+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sonus Faber replacement drivers.... Err

I'm matt.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny nocash View Post
    Interesting that you mention Wembley loudspeakers Matt because it was they who said the Electas couldnt be repaired. Could you tell me which company/person you had more success with? Was it Sonus Faber speakers that you needed to repair?
    Cheers
    Sorry I can't remember. I just know that someone recommended a company that does a good job of driver repairs. It was probably a thread on pinkfishmedia, so may be worth asking over there.

I'm Simon.

Thanks for the responses gentlemen. The prospect of finding new drivers albeit cheaper seems a tad daunting bearing in mind the points made by Fatmarley.
    On the other hand buying a second pair is equally traumatising as the last couple of sales on eBay have been £1k & £1.4k.

Interesting that you mention Wembley loudspeakers Matt because it was they who said the Electas couldnt be repaired. Could you tell me which company/person you had more success with? Was it Sonus Faber speakers that you needed to repair?
    Cheers
    Not sure if these are your model, but they finished at £560 odd on ebay. Worth looking out for.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264236176...m=264236176740
    Lindemann Network Bridge > McIntosh MHA150 > Shahinian Larc speakers

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by simon g View Post
    Not sure if these are your model, but they finished at £560 odd on ebay. Worth looking out for.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264236176...m=264236176740
    Don't remind me Simon, I was watching them & missed the end of auction��. I've not seen any go that cheap. The prices I quoted earlier were for two that were buy it now.... just too expensive.

I'm Martin.

Lumley Heliosphere Audiomods 5
    Voyd Valdi AN Arm 1 V2 and Denon MC
    Audiomeca Talisman Highly Modded
    Audiomeca Kreatura &,SW1X DAC1
    Hovland HP200 MC
    Hovland Radia
    Ming Da 805 monos
    Magnum Dynalab Etude, RWA Cassabria + LCD 3
    Wilson Benesch Actors
    Cables by Cardas, Hovland G3 and Yter

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by ovlov854 View Post
    Thanks Martin, I have made contact with the seller.
    If anyone looks at the link could you offer an a possible cause of the distortion to the rubber surrounds.
    Cheers

I'm Geoff.

If anyone looks at the link could you offer an a possible cause of the distortion to the rubber surrounds.
    Cheers
    Poor storage, probably somewhere too warm. Looks like the cones are warped as well. I'm not sure I'd buy those personally.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

The translation is this:

Sonus Faber MW-180-SF woofer pair for Electa Amator diffuser first series. The drivers are in good condition, fully functional. Imperfections are present on the suspension (see pictures) more on a woofer, much less on the other that do not affect the full functionality. Direct collection with cash payment is possible in the Milan area, in the case of shipping I guarantee a courier-proof packaging.

One of the cones looks badly warped but the other one does appear to be a lot better. Maybe if you asked for better pictures of the good one it might be worth a punt on one.... for the money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Richard.

I agree that the right hand one looks better gents. Originally I thought that the rubber surround distortion was creating the 'illusion' that the cone was warped but the more I look at it....
    The seller who runs a seemingly well respected shop informed me that he had bought the last pair of woofers that Sonus Faber had. I think these are the drivers that were replaced.

I'm Martin.

Thinking about it, surely it has to be the cones deformed and that is the root of it. This cascades into the surrounds looking deformed.

The rubber in the surrounds should be soft , there is no reason for the rubber to deform like that is there.... ?

Its far less distortion on the right cone but still i cant help thinking that its not going to be satisfactory..

Is it possible for you to buy these though and someone can make a repair using your cones, new surrounds and the voice coils from one or both of these ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12