Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Karma Cable Interconnects & Tonearm Cables

I'm Norman.

Totally understand your frustration with feed back response, probably greater than mine as now unable to contribute to feedback. There have been amazing in depth reviews and in a perverse way these may have contributed to lack of reviews by others by setting such a high bar. Little bit unfair IMO to judge those left on the list by inaction of others, just saying and no offence intended to anyone. At the the end of the day they are your cables and yours to decide on their travels or not
    Norman
    Rosewood LP12 Lingo, Ittok LVIII, AT OC9/III, Pioneer N-50A Streamer, Beresford Caimen SEG, Yamaha CD-N301 CD/ Streamer.Puresound T10 & P10, Audio Synthesis Passion Ultimate passive preamp, Audio Synthesis Decade amp. Canor TP10 Headphone amp. Pair MF P150 amps
    Linn Keildh, Hiquphon Tweeter upgrade.With Kustone bases
    Solid core Silver interconnects. Silver plated solid core copper interconnects, KLE Silver and Neutrik plugs and K400 biwire cable. Norstone Bergen 2 table
    Mission Isoplat (anyone remember them?)Synology DS215 , Beyerdynamic DT 990's, ADL GT40 Alpha for ADC Duties.

I'm John.

Hi Jamie
    If you intend on making these cables a marketable product, then there is a great place to be if you intend on getting exposure, and that is good old fashioned 'word of mouth'.
    The first time I ever heard of a Spotfire Cable was at a event, where
    a individual was speaking enthusiastically about them.
    The interest gathered was such that these cables were being put to A/B comparisons with other cables in the room.
    I vaguely recall the system owner noting improvements, he was perceiving and I do believe he is a Spotfire owner today.
    From this little Acorn, I have seen the energy directed at Spotfire accelerate, only Ollie knows the full extent of the interest to date .
    It only takes one individual to believe they have struck onto a winner with your cable, if they are willing to go out and make that knowledge available to others,by speaking good things, encouraging demonstrations, I don't see how their writing something on Forum, will overcome any skepticism, that a demo can destroy in seconds.
    Making your cables available to be home trialed, might just help you cross paths with your first fan, who might not write one word, but without your knowing is passionately informing others of your work.
    That first fan might just be a individual, who through there person, is a person who might be a trusted source to make suggestions, now that would be useful.
    As for your cable reviews, I see one produced that looked like a NASA model for a cable review, 'WTF', your cables were 'Kicking Arse' if I recall.

I'm jamie.

thanks john,i will take them to the sheffield bake off and see what people think.
    i like the comment,'my cables are kicking arse' well they are good imo so thanks.
    as for posting their thoughts on here,well even if its few words like 'i think their shit' its better than nothing is it not?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormin'Norman View Post
    Totally understand your frustration with feed back response, probably greater than mine as now unable to contribute to feedback. There have been amazing in depth reviews and in a perverse way these may have contributed to lack of reviews by others by setting such a high bar. Little bit unfair IMO to judge those left on the list by inaction of others, just saying and no offence intended to anyone. At the the end of the day they are your cables and yours to decide on their travels or not
    Norman
    thanks norman,when i get them back i'll give them a check over and take it from there mate.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Deleted.

I completely understand your frustration Jamie. As I understand it, the whole point of loaning out the cables was to solicit opinion. It is my personal view that if you ask to borrow something like this you are actively agreeing to write something of your experience, you are obliged to - if you a cannot, or will not, then you shouldn’t ask to try them. I’m afraid I don’t think it’s good enough for people to say that they aren’t very good at describing sonic differences, I doubt anyone is expecting a Stereophile quality review.
    Account Deleted

Bigman80 Guest

John,

"The energy towards the Spotfire" is a great way to put it. When they went out on loan, it was a whirlwind very quickly after.

Yes, that energy from someone who is highly respected made a huge impact on the interest in the cable. I don't know if anyone recalls but the first cable I made and put out there (the Focus) died a miserable death, but that was what I wanted from the loan system. To see if it was any good. Same happened with the Speaker cables, Macca wrote his thoughts on them and my inbox filled up very quickly.

Jamie,

It all depends on the use of the feedback when you get it.

If it's to see if you have something there that people hear and want to buy, then the feedback is not important. They will buy them if they like them.

If it's to gauge others opinions to reaffirm your own opinion then the feedback is very important.

If you have a cable that people like, people will buy them and then the feedback comes naturally due to the enthusiasm from the new owner.

The Spotfire never came back from the first three loanees. James literally refused to let me make him a pair so he could send the loan set on its way. He wanted THAT pair lol.

Same for the first few guys after. That's where the momentum came from in the beginning. John is right BTW, I now have customers who are not even on forums due to word of mouth but the competition is fierce, EWA are killing it out there. The speaker cables are kind of becoming "folklore" or the stuff of legend, due to the limited stock. Even on AoS, theres me, Brian (20/20) and now you knocking up cables and then threads like the Belden one make people turn away.

Keep doing what you're doing and when you hit the nail on the head, it'll all happen to you, rather than "by" you.

As for enthusiasm for the Spotfire now, today, word of mouth orders are now more per month than AoS orders.

I'm Andrew.

Some thoughts...

Compared to Yannis Tome 420.

+ve points

Genre neutral seemed to perform well across a wide spectrum of choices.
    Sound stage slight narrower and less depth than 420.
    Great instrument separation.
    Excellent decay, timbre.
    Vocals perhaps not as well defined as the 420 but still very very good.
    Excellent build quality.

-ve points

Not as detailed as the Tome cable just looses out in the microdetail stakes.
    Produces a shade more sibilance than the 420 IC's.

Performs extremely well and is better than some of Tome's earlier cables. It looses out to the 420 with respects to soundstage and detail but overall is a very well designed and built cable. I noticed the immediate loss of the cable when I replaced it with the 420. I would suggest that a full loom of IC's are probably going to be needed. My system has a full loom of Yannis Tome 420, even my preamp is rewired in the stuff and subsequently would recommend against running the Karma cables in your system with several other differing brands of cabling, you'll be disappointed! Heartily recommended. It's not the best cable I've heard but it does trounce some of the Tome cables, alongside some of the higher end Atlas, van del Hul and Nordost cables. So like Ollie's cable I'd recommend it.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm jamie.

brilliant! thanks andy,as it was a direct comparison would you mind saying how much your Yannis Tome 420 cable was please?
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Andrew.

I think it was in the 450-500 quid region. I also tested it against a £1500 nordost tonearm cable and a set of Valhalla interconnects. The Karma's beat the Tyr tonearm cable but the Valhalla's trumped your Karma's.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm jamie.

bloody hell! really? wow chuffed with that.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast