+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it my imagination or .....

I'm Edward.

Yeah probably my imagination running ahead of me. But still ....
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm Martin.

Has happened to me on occasional kit swaps but not always. Also I've had the opposite experience where it starts off good and then a couple of days later it isn't sounding so good. Although this could be just because I'm listening to different music on the later occasion and it's showing up the flaws. Which does all suggest it is psychological. That and the absence of any credible explanation otherwise.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Neil.

Warm up in my direct experiece is a thing, not with everything, but a lot of stuff.

The TDA1541 DAC chip Marantz players and the like needed at least 24 hours of being left on to sound their best. I used to leave mine on, back in the day. I don't now, after a DAC I owned caught fire, managed to get it out of the house ok, but I don't want burn't capacitor smell in my house again, or risk of a serious fire.

I don't leave anything on these days and I do own kit that does still benefit from being left on, I fire these up an hour before listening and accept that they could sound still better again.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

Just having a listen to my system now, sounds better than when I last listened on Tuesday. Nothing has changed since then. What can you do?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm brian.

Evening seems to sound better than morning ?. Not sure but I think most folks find that ?

I'm Martin.

Mostly I don't perceive any change for no reason. Just on the odd occasion like this.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I'm convinced the system sounds better some nights than others... so it's either the lecky or my ears or how I feel that night I reckon..
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12