+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tea Hut ......

I'm Alan.

went to a japanese restaurant recently and had some peach tea..in one of those insulated flask type teapots...it was delicious...also Lemon and Ginger tea is another very refreshing cleansing drink...good for the digestion....I enjoy green tea too.......The missus drinks the fruit flavoured tea..which I cannot stand....I'm a black coffee man really...but a cup of supermarket tea...made strong with milk and half a sugar goes down a treat with a couple of biscuits...on occasion..
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I like my tea weak and my coffee strong.

Depending on mood I will either drink Darjeeling, Lapsang Souchong, Orange Pekoe, of if late, Rooibos (as it's caffeine-fee) tea. The tea is made in a small pot using fresh filtered water that has just come off the boil (boiling water will scald the leaves and impair the flavour), and not allowed to 'steep' for too long. I drink tea without milk or sugar.

Occasionally I will drink black Russian tea and sometimes Chinese green tea. In the past when I visited a country known for it's tea or coffee, I would bring back a kilo of the stuff. Some of the nicest tea I have drunk was a leaf tea brought back from Burma; unfortunately whilst still have the empty packet, I can't read the name as it is written in Burmese script, so am unlikely to be able to obtain any more.

I thoroughly dislike any of the fruit-flavoured teas that are now commonly available - with the sole exception of mint tea (which is nice to drink in the Summer).
    Barry

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by thingfish View Post
    Loathing Coffee (it's a Yank thing ffs)
    But loving a good Cup o Tea (Gord bless ya Ma,am)

I thought it only fair to start a thread on the delights of a nice cup o char.

I love a cup o Scottish Blend (Tea bags steeped for a min of 3 mins)

Any others out there enjoy a Pot...?
    This post reminds me of something from the dim and distant past. Can't quite put my finger on it. Almost... piratical...?

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Ian.

I'm very unrefined in the tea department, A steaming hot cup of PG Tips with milk and sweeteners to accompany a bacon sandwich or a handful of Hobnobs...….disgraceful.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I like my tea weak and my coffee strong.

Depending on mood I will either drink Darjeeling, Lapsang Souchong, Orange Pekoe, of if late, Rooibos (as it's caffeine-fee) tea. The tea is made in a small pot using fresh filtered water that has just come off the boil (boiling water will scald the leaves and impair the flavour), and not allowed to 'steep' for too long. I drink tea without milk or sugar.

Occasionally I will drink black Russian tea and sometimes Chinese green tea. In the past when I visited a country known for it's tea or coffee, I would bring back a kilo of the stuff. Some of the nicest tea I have drunk was a leaf tea brought back from Burma; unfortunately whilst still have the empty packet, I can't read the name as it is written in Burmese script, so am unlikely to be able to obtain any more.

I thoroughly dislike any of the fruit-flavoured teas that are now commonly available - with the sole exception of mint tea (which is nice to drink in the Summer).
    Indeed. I should point out that I only like 'builder's tea' strong(ish), so that means tea made from any of the commonly available types in bags, as for me they taste crap otherwise. 'Fine teas', such as the loose-leaf ones you mention, which I also enjoy, I much prefer weaker, or rather optimally/correctly brewed in the proper manner

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    Coffee is a Yank thing?? If you call the brown liquid from Starbucks coffee maybe...

''coffe is a yank thing FFS''.....and then this...

''That's all very well and good Grant, but Alex Harvey singing about the Boston Coffee Party just wouldn't sit right .....!!!!''

Now shoot me down if I'm wrong...but Where is Boston...??
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Lawrence.

https://www.gocoffeego.com/professor...tory-of-coffee

I'm Martin.

Yes but treat yourself to some proper tea blends M&S is a good place to start because you will never go back to builders tea when youve tasted the best
    Cheap english tea tastes like heavy stodge. I dont know how they get away with selling it or people will put up with any old rubbish and call it tea

Pure laziness not to educate the palete! or I cant believe what I used to drink

Then you can try some Tea from the manor blends loose leaf mix( big leaves in a tea strainer)..… there is even a gin and tonic tea which smells lovely but I havent tried it yet
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 09-06-2019 at 08:31.

I'm alan.

Marco touched upon loose Tea ........ that takes me back, my granny was real old school in the tea department (no teabags in those days) She filled the teapot (complete with knitted tea cosy) with loose tea and boiling water let it mask for a good 10 mins then pour it through a wee metal tea strainer into the cup......Respect.

I'm brian.

Thompson s tea ( Morrisons ) is an award winner, and very nice. When finances permit I get the bus to Fortnum and Masons and buy there loose blend breakfast tea
    and Sencha green tea, both superb.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast