+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WANTED: Quality 13A Plug For A Power Cord

I'm Martyn.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieGong View Post
    He'll know all this, like most do. Doesnt stop some of us going for something with maybe gold plated or silver plated pins, fancy fuse or even Furutech stamped on it. It's not a sin
    I agree, it’s not a sin, but I don’t like to see people wasting their money...

I'm Mark.

I think the thing that pisses people off Martyn is the arrogance of people who definitively state things as being facts when it is just an opinion.I do note that you are classed as a senior member though so maybe that automatically means that you are senior in some way to most other mere mortals on here.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

The OP has stated that the sourcing of a 'quality 13A mains plug' is now sorted. If he is happy with the item, then that is all that matters.
    Barry

I'm alan.

Quote Originally Posted by woodpecker View Post
    I think the thing that pisses people off Martyn is the arrogance of people who definitively state things as being facts when it is just an opinion.I do note that you are classed as a senior member though so maybe that automatically means that you are senior in some way to most other mere mortals on here.
    Not at all woody.......

Now be off with you.

I'm Martyn.

Quote Originally Posted by woodpecker View Post
    I am no way ‘senior’, but do have a scientific background and some of the outrageous claims made by audio suppliers ( no
    names mentioned...) really upsets me.
    Take cryogenically treated mains fuses. I have done work on cryogenics and have proof that treating a fuse by immersing it
    in liquid nitrogen has no change that can be measured.
    If someone, who has bought said fuse for a substantial amount of money, can hear an improvement then so be it.
    Personally I would recommend people not to bother...

I'm alan.

+1

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn Miles View Post
    I am no way ‘senior’, but do have a scientific background and some of the outrageous claims made by audio suppliers ( no
    Take cryogenically treated mains fuses. I have done work on cryogenics and have proof that treating a fuse by immersing it
    If someone, who has bought said fuse for a substantial amount of money, can hear an improvement then so be it.
    let us see your proof....
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm alan.

Let us see your unproof........ !!!

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by thingfish View Post
    Let us see your unproof........ !!!
    I didn't make any statements or claims ! clever lad.
    'ANDSOME IN THE SUMMER..'ORIBBLE IN THE WINTER. Barney Milne

Cambridge Audio CXN, Seagate nas drive, Michell Gyrodec SE, SME309, Benz M2 Ruby cantilever, Denon DL103, Primare R32, Densen D20, Densen D30, Cambridge Audio 840A V2 integrated, Pioneer SX-N30AE Network Stereo Receiver, Roksan Darius speakers, Technics speakers, Canon speakers, Bastanis Dragonfly Horns, REL Storm III sub, Target R1 speaker stands, Atacama Equinox.

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn Miles View Post
    How long did you immerse the fuse and what temperature gradients did you use ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast