+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new to me stand

I'm Richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Were Target and SO the same company, that shelf is identical!
    No mate, but they did make remarkably similar products in their early days.

I'm Mike.

My kitchen/living room has an air conditioner unit connected to the side of its outer wall, from the restaurant below, this emits some serious vibration, so much I can feel in sometimes when sitting on my sofa, have to move the sofa away from the wall to stop feeling the vibrations. Just realising now what a serious impact this could be having on my hi fi system. My stand has spiked feet and with all the weight from the quad, other units and stand itself is now very firmly coupled to the floor, would I be better off putting something between the spikes and floor to decouple it? Even if its only those spike feet - little metal discs. I aim to buy an old target TT shelf as well, and will consider further isolation between the shelf and TT, such as the vibration pads Jamie linked to in another thread. I'm also thinking in my case it might be worth placing these pads under my amps as well.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm jamie.

if your free next weekend i can bring them over to you as well as the tonearm cable and interconnects for a try.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Lawrence.

My favourite hifi stands are the black Target ones with 4 legs but the bigger tubular legs rather than these thinner square legs. Still a single welded unit. Tbh I had one of these ones and it felt a bit lightweight compared to the ones with the tubular legs. Mine had glass shelves but wood was an option too.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by karma67 View Post
    if your free next weekend i can bring them over to you as well as the tonearm cable and interconnects for a try.
    Hi Jamie, yeh I should be free at some point, evening may'be, self employed so hours change a lot.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    My favourite hifi stands are the black Target ones with 4 legs but the bigger tubular legs rather than these thinner square legs. Still a single welded unit. Tbh I had one of these ones and it felt a bit lightweight compared to the ones with the tubular legs. Mine had glass shelves but wood was an option too.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
    I like the look of this more skeletal ones, they don't draw too much attention to themselves.

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Hi Jamie, yeh I should be free at some point, evening may'be, self employed so hours change a lot.
    cool,pm me your number and ill give you a call friday to confirm
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12