+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Essential Albums.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by thingfish View Post
    Nae probs Gaz.....

My taste is all over the shop too.......still great music to be had in all genres.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

[url=https://imgflip.com/i/365q81][/url

Luvely.......
    Electric Warrior, my first ever album purchase (the first single I bought was Telegram Sam). Paid £2.10 for it. I bought it again a couple of years ago, hadn't heard it in about 45 years. Nice pressing, and very clean production, thanks to Mr Visconti. I expected to play it once or twice for the sake of nostalgia, but no, it gets played regularly. Also bought 'The Slider', but I didn't connect with it the same way.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm alan.

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by AJSki2fly View Post
    Not sure why but even though I like Animals and have it, I never considered it one of their better outings.
    I spent lots of time spinning Meddle and Wish You Were Here, and of course Dark Side and the Wall, I guess I’m kind of played out on those? So now Animals has gained top spot at this point. In 5 years I expect things will be different and one of the others will assume my top Floyd position? But don’t sell Animals short, there’s some good stuff in those grooves. It never did get much recognition, I’ve had several people tell me they’ve never even heard of it.

Russell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Adrian.

This is one of my all time favourite albums the I have owned on cassette, CD and LP since the early 70's, and IMO is an essential.

Simply put it is Steppenwolf's protest album against the Vietnam War, but every track has something to offer. Steppenwolf IMO opinion are often overlooked, always remembered for 'Born to be Wild' from their 1st album, but there is much more to them than that. They are probably one of the first bands to combine a heavy rock feel with harmony, thundering guitar lines intertwined with melody which lead back to the lyrics, and a driving rhythm section, if you listen to this album there are several tracks that sound like the Byrds in some ways but are much edgier. Then pulling it all together there is John Kays superb rasping vocal coming across it all.

Have a listen and enjoy.

Steppenwolf ‎– Monster
    Label: Stateside ‎– SSL 5021
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Orange Labels
    Released: 1969
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Psychedelic Rock, Blues Rock

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Adrian.

Listened to this today having managed to get a NM copy locally for a good price.

It's a wonderful classic IMO, beautiful produced and it just pops from the speakers

Steve Miller Band ‎– Fly Like An Eagle
    Label: Mercury ‎– 6303 925
    Format: Vinyl, LP, Album, Repress, Stereo
    Released: 1976
    Genre: Rock
    Style: Pop Rock

Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415