+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Croft servicing

I'm Mike.

Default Croft servicing

Interested in a couple of Croft pre amps, one is older micro A, not sure about the specs on that one, no info on web, its the one where the top casing has many punched holes in it, rather than the newer ones with a few elongated slots for ventilation. And also the more recent model - the micro 25. Anyone know the cost of a standard service at Croft for these? The newer one may not need it, just wondering how long valve pre amps are good for without a service. Oddly to me anyway, the older model has discrete left/right switching, meaning when you change from cd to phono or streamer, you need to change 2 switches rather than one, not exactly the height of luxury! And of course the newer models have left and right volume controls!
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm James.

Email Glenn Croft at glenn@croftacoustics.co.uk and he will give you a price for servicing. Good to check any older Croft amps out as they may have drifted out of spec, components may have deteriorated or they may have been abused.

Glenn will put anything back to original spec or update older designs to his latest configurations if you ask.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Martin.

Pre-amp valves should last tens of thousands of hours so no need to worry about that. Not hard to fit a new one yourself if one goes bad in any case. Just take the top off the case and slot it in.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Mike.

Just wondered if there was any general info on servicing prices? Quad usually come in around £100 for instance.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Don.

Straight to Glenn
    It's a no brainer... he is extremely reasonable knows his stuff inside out and you will never be mugged off. Contact him direct by email

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

I'm M.

Quote Originally Posted by donmarrese View Post
    Straight to Glenn
    It's a no brainer... he is extremely reasonable knows his stuff inside out and you will never be mugged off. Contact him direct by email

+1

I'm Kulwinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    +1
    +2

I'm Mike.

Gonna go for the newer unit now, so I won't bother with service, its a micro 25 with stereo volume control, so ideal!

I'm Don.

As long as it's Croft, you can't go wrong!

I'm Dave.

So long as it hasn't been messed about with.

I have had a couple of Croft pre-amps here which have done the rounds and not performing properly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast