+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Croft servicing

I'm Alan.

I have modified a Croft pre to Cathode Follower output, this reduces the output impedance a lot.

The gain is also reduced so if you have a lot of gain (volume control near start) then this would be a good move.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    I have modified a Croft pre to Cathode Follower output, this reduces the output impedance a lot.

The gain is also reduced so if you have a lot of gain (volume control near start) then this would be a good move.
    No idea what that is, but if you can service these amps then I'll gladly use your services, ta.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeandvan View Post
    Once again Croft don't reply to emails, but I would like this Micro 25 pre looked over and possibly implement the mod as suggested by Ian below:

"I hope all is well with you and the 909 ! When using my 25R with a 909 GC advised this.....

If you change the line stage valve in the 25R to a 12BH7a that will reduce the output impedance of the amp so that it will be able to drive the Quad properly.

Adding....

It's an impedance issue which will affect fidelity.

I don't know whether this would apply to the 25, I'm not technically minded, but thought I'd flag this up."

Been listening to the Croft for a month or two now with my 909 and it sounds a tad rough I must say. My system is not quite there yet.
    Too be fair the World Cup was followed by some matches against Ireland and the Aussies are here, or on their way...

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm Mike.

Many thanks to Alan (Firebottle) for further improving the Croft, sounding quite tasty indeed with the 909, if still a little too forward, but that is obviously another issue.
    Current system 1210 GR. CDP - Meridian G08. Amp -Sugden A21I - Sig. Wharfedale Lintons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234