+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Be my hero, what's this from?

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It's really messing with my head.
    I'm genuinely starting to consider that this is some sort variation of the Mandela effect. Everyone remembers it but so far no one can find it in existence. And as I said before, this is the place where we would find someone that knew it if it were an LP cover. Lots of very knowledgeable music fans on this forum I'm sure.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudz View Post
    Infectious and infuriating in equal measure.
    Yep

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudz View Post
    Had already chucked the towel in 'til you re-posted the image, now I'm off on a one with google images again.
    The original from the first post is most definitely taken from an image of the same model Rocket skateboard you found (also available on eBay and elsewhere) - example
    if you look at the original image you can see a dark shape at the bottom which corresponds exactly with the axle mount on the skateboard and also the triangle shapes along the relevant edge match exactly in relation to it.

I've compared them using Photoshop and there is absolutely no doubt.

The only reason people are so confused about this is because the pattern is so similar to zillions of Memphis based patterns in circulation and used ad nauseam since the mid 80s (as has been pointed out)

I'm inactive.

The original from this thread is on the left - the one on the right from a dealer image (rotated to match)

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    The original from the first post is most definitely taken from an image of the same model Rocket skateboard you found (also available on eBay and elsewhere) - example
    if you look at the original image you can see a dark shape at the bottom which corresponds exactly with the axle mount on the skateboard and also the triangle shapes along the relevant edge match exactly in relation to it.

I've compared them using Photoshop and there is absolutely no doubt.

The only reason people are so confused about this is because the pattern is so similar to zillions of Memphis based patterns in circulation and used ad nauseam since the mid 80s (as has been pointed out)
    Nice one Mike. It's easy to find a similar image on t'web but I still wasn't convinced it was the "one". Much trickier to prove it's identical.
    We are the love we leave behind.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by mikmas View Post
    The original from this thread is on the left - the one on the right from a dealer image (rotated to match)

Good work. There's no doubt it's a match. When Martin posted the pic of the skateboard I made the assumption the design of the board was taken from the same source that we were all trying to recall. I still have some suspicions that there is an original use of the design, but the fact that it has not yet been found does cast a lot of doubt.

I still haven't had the 'oohh yeah, that's were I've seen it' epiphany that I was expecting.

Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali

I'm alan.

God that's really annoying.......im sure its a popular album cover.
    I initially thought it was off Zappa's - Orchestral favourites album......close but nope.

I'm malcolm.

The skateboard is definitely not where I recognise it from, my wife and a friend of hers had exactly the same reaction that it was familiar but just couldn't put their finger on it.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Geoff.

Maybe it's vinyl tablecloth print or perhaps a shower curtain pattern?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by willbewill View Post
    The skateboard is definitely not where I recognise it from, my wife and a friend of hers had exactly the same reaction that it was familiar but just couldn't put their finger on it.
    Likewise, I wouldn't know a skateboard from a hole in the ground. I remember skateboards coming out and being a craze but they were dead expensive, no-one I knew had one.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast