+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Be my hero, what's this from?

I'm Deleted.

I think it may be something like a table cloth or duvet cover.
    Account Deleted

I'm malcolm.

It is a typical 80s geometric pattern, used in many variations on many items, wallpaper was one. However as soon as I saw this one it looked very familiar, can't help thinking it was part of an album cover.
    Audiophile Tosher

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by willbewill View Post
    It is a typical 80s geometric pattern, used in many variations on many items, wallpaper was one. However as soon as I saw this one it looked very familiar, can't help thinking it was part of an album cover.
    I'm with you on the album cover thing, deffo the first thing that sprang to mind, just glad I didn't see this last night or I would have been up all night.
    We are the love we leave behind.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudz View Post
    I'm with you on the album cover thing, deffo the first thing that sprang to mind, just glad I didn't see this last night or I would have been up all night.
    An album seems like a good suggestion, I can easily see it being part of some cover art. But this is a forum full of music lovers, wouldn't someone have recognised it if that were the case?

I think I've looked at it so much and pictured it being from all sorts of different TV shows and LP covers that I've gone snow blind

I hope you are enjoying your new amp BTW.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    An album seems like a good suggestion, I can easily see it being part of some cover art. But this is a forum full of music lovers, wouldn't someone have recognised it if that were the case?

I think I've looked at it so much and pictured it being from all sorts of different TV shows and LP covers that I've gone snow blind

I hope you are enjoying your new amp BTW.
    Reckon you're right RE the album cover, all the vinyl lovers I know study the covers compulsively whilst listening, so the mystery would have been solved very quickly.

I'm reasonably sure, after being out for a bike ride and not thinking about this at all, that I have, at one point, had a birthday card with this pattern on.

The amp, unfortunately, is a tad lean and clean for my tastes, but its a powerful wee thing, 200w out of something not much bigger than a fag packet, thanks for asking, only cost me 33 quid and it will do as a standby.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudz View Post
    Reckon you're right RE the album cover, all the vinyl lovers I know study the covers compulsively whilst listening, so the mystery would have been solved very quickly.

I'm reasonably sure, after being out for a bike ride and not thinking about this at all, that I have, at one point, had a birthday card with this pattern on.

The amp, unfortunately, is a tad lean and clean for my tastes, but its a powerful wee thing, 200w out of something not much bigger than a fag packet, thanks for asking, only cost me 33 quid and it will do as a standby.
    200w of clean power for £33 what is it tell me!

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

I'm joe.

It looks a bit like a Smash Hits compilation album cover. Maybe a close-up of a corner of one.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    It looks a bit like a Smash Hits compilation album cover. Maybe a close-up of a corner of one.
    On that suggestion I googled smash hits, there were a few that looked very close, one or two getting me hopeful. But alas, unless I missed it it's not that.

I have just sat and watched dozens of clips of top of the pops chart rundowns too, again, close but not it.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    200w of clean power for £33 what is it tell me!

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
    One of these with a 24v laptop power supply https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3282...51354c4dfGXpcd

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Yep I also wandered down the Smash Hits route, funny how we are all chasing the same false memories.

Wasted an hour looking at birthday banners and cards, even retro sweet wrappers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast