+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My Tannoys grew up

I'm Edward.

Default My Tannoys grew up

Or rather my Eatons found its father.

Father, by the name of Berkeleys, found a few days ago. Now settling in well to its new home. It is so pleased that it is singing like an angel demonstrating its ability to add scale, texture, weight and sheer unadulterated joy to well known music. No issue with its wide 15 inch HBDs over powering a medium size room with bass. It's baby, the Eatons, are similar in ability to convey detail, range and joy, but the Berkeleys add immense presence and immediacy. In a word - stunning.

The Berkeleys resided in the same room for nearly 30 years and collected a fair amount of dust and woodwork needs a small bit of TLC but the drivers look and sound mint. Grills seem to have been left on all the time.

Now on temp stands so drivers are at ear height. Need to sort out some plinths.

Father and son showing off.

Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

I'm sorted.

Berkeleys are the Mummies, Ardens are the Daddies

I'm Edward.

Oh dear, I'm obviously being gender fluid Roy. Woke is my middle name.

You are of course correct. Need to find some Ardens so it will be a family affair.
    Current: [P20] Roon/Tidal > Custom PC> Chevron Paradox NDF16 > Phast Pre > Neuro. 686 > Tannoy Berkley (RFC tweaks)

montesquieu Guest

Absolultely classic in that room Edward and hardly take up any more space than standmounts They even match your mantelpiece.

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Absolultely classic in that room Edward and hardly take up any more space than standmounts They even match your mantelpiece.
    They certainly match their surroundings, no possible WAF issues there surely?

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence001 View Post
    They certainly match their surroundings, no possible WAF issues there surely?
    I think they look great.

I'm Martin.

Make the Eatons look tiny, and they are pretty chunky speakers.

Lots of space for them to work in, must sound outstanding.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Adam.

Top stuff Edward...sit back and enjoy!
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Need to find some Ardens so it will be a family affair.
    You could put together one of the best surround sound systems ever.

I'm Edward.

385mm of joy. And then double that.

§

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast