+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: My bits and pieces

I'm Rob.

Default My bits and pieces

Thought i would see whats happening over here

Teac VRDS 10SE | Teac A-BX7R | ATC SCM7 ~ Target R4 / Fostex FF225 Jericho Horns

Last edited by hoopsontoast; 10-11-2010 at 19:43.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Rob,

Welcome to AoS

First of all, mate, you'll need to host your system pics through Photobucket or Imageshack, rather than hotlinking direct to Wigwam, as they're currently invisible to non-Wigwam members (such as me).

Secondly, all new members are asked to pop into the Welcome area first to introduce themselves before posting pics of their system, and you've done it the other way round....

Anyway, once you've done the above, enjoy and get stuck in!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Nick.

Welcome Rob! Hope you can get your pics sorted. I wanna see your horns!
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Nobody.

Hi Rob
    First of all welcome & secondly did you used to own an ATC Pre amp at some point ?

MartinT Guest

Hi Rob - cool picture above the system! Ok, I cheated and went to HiFi Wigwam to see your piccies

How do you choose which speakers to listen to?

I'm Rob.

Opps oh well, i dived in at the deep end!

Pics changed, i was being lazy!

I have never owned any ATC electronics.

And only just got the horns in the last week so not had a chance to decide really, the horns are still the new toy
    Last edited by hoopsontoast; 10-11-2010 at 20:04.

I'm Simon.

I expect the horns will be quite the polar opposite of the little ATCs! Very interesting, and I love your picture...
    Listening to: modified Arcam Alpha, DIY preamp, DIY chip amp (top end amp), modified Carlsbro Powerline 800 (bass amp), DIY open baffle 3 way speakers (passive biamp for now)

I'm Rob.

Yeah they are, having played with a new pair of monoblocks, i think i prefer the little ATC's with a good 250w up them!

I'm Simon.

ATCs take some beating IMO! Other than being a little bland dynamically (especially in the bass) they're all superb from what I've heard.
    Listening to: modified Arcam Alpha, DIY preamp, DIY chip amp (top end amp), modified Carlsbro Powerline 800 (bass amp), DIY open baffle 3 way speakers (passive biamp for now)

I'm Rob.

I think they do dynamics really well (for their size and with a suitably BIG amp). They really do respond to some good clean watts up them! (250w Mono-blocks did the trick!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast