+ Reply to Thread

Thread: King Crimson 50th year celebrations

I'm Chris.

Default King Crimson 50th year celebrations

King Crimson is getting ready for 50th Anniversary releases and events https://www.dgmlive.com/news/King%20...g%2050%20years

Its hard not to be impressed, with their contribution to music.

I'm Neil.

Can't help but feel the record company/are trying to milk everyone all over again.
    Regards Neil

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Morn View Post
    Can't help but feel the record company/are trying to milk everyone all over again.
    Hi Neil
    For those not already having King Crimsons music in their collections it is an opportunity to hear what one of the greatest bands got up to.

The record companies are in the case of KC, thankfully long gone, DGM being a independent label https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discipline_Global_Mobile

"DGM has aimed to be "a model of ethical business in an industry founded on exploitation, oiled by deceit, riven with theft and fueled by greed," according to Fripp.[4] Its policy is that its artists retain all copyrights; consequently, even DGM's corporate logo is owned by its designer.[5] The label was an early adopter of the digital download system. DGM's aims have been hailed as "exemplary", and the label has been credited with having expanded "the possibilities of experimental music" and having improved the environment for King Crimson.[6]"

I'm Simon.

I believe Fripp owns all the King Crimson masters so any profits from releases will go to the artist.

I'm joe.

Which reminds me that there's a free King Crimson CD and an interview with Robert Fripp with the current issue of Mojo:

https://www.mojo4music.com/articles/...uly-2019-queen

I'm Mike.

50 years !

Hard to believe.

Fripp strikes me as a good bloke as well as a top musician.
    I'm glad he is making dough and hope other good guys can as well
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Ian.

50 years - gulp, I'm getting old. I saw King Crimson live doing Court of the Crimson King back in 1969 or was it '70?. (Redcar Jazz Club)

+ Reply to Thread