+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it just me?

I'm Andy.

Default Is it just me?

I have 2 turntables in my current setup.
    A '73 Lenco L75 and a '95 Michell Orbe

i find that when I listen to LP's I tend to put post '90s stuff on the Orbe but play pre '90s stuff on the Lenco

Just one of those things I suppose........
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Ian.

I've not had that with the hifi but I used to play in a couple of bands many moons ago. One was a loud and rorty rock outfit and the other a 60's covers band. I had a few basses at the time but I used a modern Status graphite 5 string in the rock band and a gorgeous 1979 Rickenbacker 4001 in the other, never the other way around. They just suited the bands both sound wise and visually. Funny thing was I never felt any attachment to the Status but it broke my heart when I had to sell the Ricky, silly old sod.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    I've not had that with the hifi but I used to play in a couple of bands many moons ago. One was a loud and rorty rock outfit and the other a 60's covers band. I had a few basses at the time but I used a modern Status graphite 5 string in the rock band and a gorgeous 1979 Rickenbacker 4001 in the other, never the other way around. They just suited the bands both sound wise and visually. Funny thing was I never felt any attachment to the Status but it broke my heart when I had to sell the Ricky, silly old sod.
    Funny how we can get attached to some kit and not others!
    Main system:
    Analogue.
    Michell Orbe with arm decoupling kit & Pete's Pylons. SME V arm, Denon DL103M (FGS), Firebottle OPT MKII phono amp
    Technic SP-10 in Obsidian plinth, AT1010 PMAC v8b arm, Goldring Elite MC Cart and BB3 Phono Amp
    Leak Lenco GL75 with Ortofon OM10 cartridge
    Technics RS-BX404 Cassette Deck
    Network Player.
    Raspberry PI plus R2-R DAC (also used as a CD player) plus Pi NAS Server
    Digital.
    Philips DCC 730 player
    Marantz CD50SE
    Amp.
    Audiolab 8000A
    Speakers.
    Reiver Jenna floor standers
    HeadPhones.
    Sennheiser HD545 Ref, HD600, HD477

I'm Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    If it's easier to get hold of a recent bass than a vintage it would explain why you felt less remorse on selling it. Also being on stage performing, image is important and the type (or at least shape, colour etc) of bass you play is more important than the look of a hifi IMO.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread