Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Advertisement non compliant with current AOS selling rules, No price listed and photo

I'm Steve.

Not sure what this is but it should have been closed pages ago. I’m not reading it and it’s not for the for sale forum.
    It’s an unwelcome distraction on the page.

I'm Dennis.

I do not know which public school.

The PhD tendency has been reported for over forty years, and is not a criticism particularly of those - we all tend to do it.

I'm inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    As a PhD studier, I take exception to that remark.
    I was a studier for a while - not PhD level though .. (as you can tell )

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigmy Pony View Post
    I don't understand why folks find it hard to build their own house.

You just keep piling bricks till you have the required height, then stick a roof on. Job done. How hard is that?

I just had a go at Tapatalk. After seeing a lot of Google entries (which one for chrissakes?) I picked one and I may have signed up - not certain, but I provided a username, email address and password to something/someone, and told them I wasn't a robot. Then what? Tried various things, ended up on a page which seemed to be selling iPhones. Not sure if it thinks I want to send pics to a forum, or whether I'm a forum owner.

Everything is simple or at least learnable if you understand the basics. Otherwise it's tough titty. I started out in a good mood, now the lounge window is in danger of receiving a laptop-shaped hole

Maybe I'll look out for a "how to do specific tasks on your computer" course in the autumn if I find myself with some spare time and money.

I do not know how to post pics, and so called helpful folk saying how easy it is, all you do is this, this and this is belittling. I have only started using the internet to do emails when I lived abroad, and joined my first forum approx. 4 years ago to be able to buy a headphone amp. I do not find computers come naturally, never had the need to use one in my day job, and have not had anyone to really help or learn from. I could never post a for sale ad on this site although I could link to a photo by email. The point of this post is I feel sorry for Simon and feel he has been harshly treated, he has tried to post pics and folk on here are still not happy. I note he was a contributor to this forum so some slack could have been given. On a more positive note I'm hoping a friend will show me how to post some pics by going onto one of these hosting sites.

I'm Mike.

This thread should have been locked down right at the start and all dealt via pm before school was out, because we ALL know how it's goes on Forums once a difference of opinion is started.

So, Marco/mods close it and speak to Simon via PM, this thread does him AND the Forum no favours at all.

Sad really

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    This thread should have been locked down right at the start and all dealt via pm before school was out, because we ALL know how it's goes on Forums once a difference of opinion is started.

So, Marco/mods close it and speak to Simon via PM, this thread does him AND the Forum no favours at all.

Sad really
    +1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post

Sad really
    Well, Mike (and Andy), we'll just have to [grossly] agree to disagree, and given the feedback there's been so far, your views are firmly in the minority.

This thread has served a very useful purpose, which was to flag up/advertise/allow to sink in the necessity not only for reading the rules, but acting on them, so if the discussion had been conducted via PM, that would not have happened.

Therefore, if we get less non-compliant ads now, with proper pictures posted, as a result, and Simon reconsiders his actions, then the thread will have more than served its purpose. Quite simply, if you want to be here, then you observe the rules and like it.

TBH, the fuss that's been created over performing what was a patently simple task, and which 95% of the membership manage without a problem, has been what's sad So hopefully some lessons have been learned! Importantly, the OP found what I'd written perfectly reasonable, which proves that it was justifiable. It was some comments from others he objected to.

Anyway, I agree that the thread has now run its course, and if Simon wishes to continue the discussion, he can do so via PM.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by antonio View Post
    I do not know how to post pics, and so called helpful folk saying how easy it is, all you do is this, this and this is belittling. I have only started using the internet to do emails when I lived abroad, and joined my first forum approx. 4 years ago to be able to buy a headphone amp. I do not find computers come naturally, never had the need to use one in my day job, and have not had anyone to really help or learn from. I could never post a for sale ad on this site although I could link to a photo by email. The point of this post is I feel sorry for Simon and feel he has been harshly treated, he has tried to post pics and folk on here are still not happy. I note he was a contributor to this forum so some slack could have been given. On a more positive note I'm hoping a friend will show me how to post some pics by going onto one of these hosting sites.
    Hi David,

Whilst I appreciate you having difficulty posting pics and not being long on the Internet, you're missing a few key points, and also somewhat rewriting history, so here are the facts...

As you correctly say, Simon has been a member here for sometime, and therefore long enough to have read the rules on posting pictures, so he should've did that and acted upon them, but instead didn't, and used inappropriate thumbnail-sized pictures on his ad. For that reason, his ad was taken down and he was asked (very politely I may add) to redo it using proper-sized pictures, at which point it would've been reactivated.

All perfectly fair and reasonable, I would have thought!

Instead however, he chose to take umbrage at his ad having been legitimately taken down, and if you scroll back and read his reaction, completely (and unjustifiably) went 'off on one', which he has since admitted was due to the fact that he was having a bad day. Fair enough, as we all get them.

Therefore, what he should have done instead of losing the plot like that, was ASKED FOR HELP, or as has been done many times before, PM'd either one of the mods or myself, and asked us to post the pictures on his behalf. We've helped many people that way in the past, and had Simon did that, it wouldn't have been a problem, and crucially, we wouldn't have found ourselves in this position now.

Slack is always given here to those who act reasonably enough to receive it, and so unfortunately it was Simon's OTT reaction, to a politely worded and simple request, which has subsequently created this situation, so I decided to make an example of his unacceptable behaviour, in order to deter others from doing the same in future. That's my decision, which as forum owner I'm perfectly entitled to make, and therefore others should respect it.

So the important lessons to be learned in future are:

1) READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING ADS, AND ENSURE THAT THEY ARE 100% COMPLIANT.
    2) IF YOU'RE HAVING PROBLEMS POSTING PICTURES, THEN ASK FOR ASSISTANCE.

Don't moan because you've been made to put in some effort, in order to advertise here for FREE, to potentially tens of thousands of buyers, and instead be grateful that you've been given the privilege in the first place!!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789