Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Advertisement non compliant with current AOS selling rules, No price listed and photo

I'm Lee.

I don't understand why folks find it hard to post pictures.

Create an IMGUR account. Put picture up. Click picture and copy BBcode and then paste here. How hard is that?
    Cheers Lee

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by lilolee View Post
    I don't understand why folks find it hard to post pictures.

Create an IMGUR account. Put picture up. Click picture and copy BBcode and then paste here. How hard is that?
    Quite, Lee. You don't even need an account...
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    This all seems a bit harsh fellas with talk of banning etc.

There are rules for selling which ideally everyone reads before posting If a post is made and it doesn't comply, one of the mods usually points out that there is no photo, price or location etc and if it is not updated it will be removed. Sounds perfectly fair and reasonable to me, why the witch hunt on this occasion?
    I think it's the "hissy fit" Bill, and the fact that Simon claimed he had a "roasting" before which was then shown to be nothing of the sort! And if indeed he did get a "roasting" for not complying, why then did he do it again?

As Marco has pointed out, adverts here are free, it is just good manners to comply with some very basic rules which makes it work for everyone and if anyone is having problems with posting images ask a mod and we'll help - no need to throw your toys out of the pram!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourneendboy View Post
    This all seems a bit harsh fellas with talk of banning etc.

There are rules for selling which ideally everyone reads before posting If a post is made and it doesn't comply, one of the mods usually points out that there is no photo, price or location etc and if it is not updated it will be removed. Sounds perfectly fair and reasonable to me, why the witch hunt on this occasion?
    Because they got upset he answered back lol, got to admit, its the best thread on here for a while though for entertainment value anyway.

I agree with you though.

Still, wouldnt be too difficult to have an upload tool to be hosted by the site server and would obviously solve some of these issues, as remote file hosting can be confusing and difficult to use for some, especially more elderly folk.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chronicals View Post
    Because they got upset he answered back lol, got to admit, its the best thread on here for a while though for entertainment value anyway.

I agree with you though.

Still, wouldnt be too difficult to have an upload tool to be hosted by the site server and would obviously solve some of these issues, as remote file hosting can be confusing and difficult to use for some, especially more elderly folk.
    As we have been addressing missing details, perhaps you could include a name in your profile please. It is a requirement, just 'M' is insufficient. Thanks.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    As we have been addressing missing details, perhaps you could include a name in your profile please. It is a requirement, just 'M' is insufficient. Thanks.
    Ha ha
    Chord Mojo / Sennheiser HD600

Bigman80 Guest

Unless "M" is the head of MI6, of course? In which case it may not be safe to reveal his or her real name?
    Alex

I'm Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff.

Yes its sufficient, as per DPA 2018.

I get called M if you want to phrase it differently, or Em, so it's my name.

If you want me can go through all the profiles using shortened versions of their christened names (which I don't adhere to not being religious), maybe that can be the new crusade like the classifieds one lol?

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I also don't have my name in my profile but it's in my signature so hope that's ok....
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast