Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advertisement non compliant with current AOS selling rules, No price listed and photo

I'm Simon.

Default Advertisement non compliant with current AOS selling rules, No price listed and photo

Been using this on my tv system to good advantage but the wife has taken
    a dislike to the floor space it takes up!
    Would love to use it in my main system but all my cables are u.s. connectors
    running from a Shunyata Hydra and in any case I’m pushed for space as it is.
    ..................... is about 8-9 years old and in excellent condition. I’m the
    second owner. Last owner bought it new from Angel Sound Audio.. and it’s had a service in the interim.
    It is a................................................. .......................................
    Lots of good reviews on the net
    A few marks as opposed to scratches on the top.
    As can be seen from the photo's it has four UK outlets.
    Dubious about shipping, the packing is fairly bombproof but it weighs a ton and
    as my bathroom scales are kaput, no way of weighing it.
    Everything functions as it should and batteries are healthy.
    Box states Shuckos, no idea why
    ............................ comes with Double Box and original manuals.
    I’m in Fife, Central Scotland.

As an aside, I've faffed about with numerous hosting sites in the last month since I got a roasting for being a lazy b'stard for posting this with thumbnails.
    God forbid, I just posted an ad as I had done for years WITHOUT READING THE RULES!
    So if these are not Gallery Standard Images, I give up, it was this size,football pitch size or not at all.
    Maybe some of the folks writing the rules could do with a course in tact and charm before suggesting we are lazy chancers?
    Some of us have other things going on in our lives!

Advertisement non compliant with current AOS selling rules, No price listed and photos too small.
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 30-05-2019 at 17:52.

I'm Andrew.

Default PurePower 700 power regenerator

How much is it Simon ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

If you spent less time bitching you might have remembered a price.

Clock is ticking
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Si74 View Post
    As an aside, I've faffed about with numerous hosting sites in the last month since I got a roasting for being a lazy b'stard for posting this with thumbnails.
    God forbid, I just posted an ad as I had done for years WITHOUT READING THE RULES!
    So if these are not Gallery Standard Images, I give up, it was this size,football pitch size or not at all.
    Maybe some of the folks writing the rules could do with a course in tact and charm before suggesting we are lazy chancers?
    Some of us have other things going on in our lives!
    Pardon me, but is this (perfectly polite request/message), which I posted on your sales ad, for failing to comply with the new rules on pictures, the "roasting" you're referring to: https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...63#post1084363

If so, then firstly, a "roasting" it is not. Secondly, and because of that, your hissy fit above is completely unwarranted! Who on earth do you think you are??

Thirdly, and most importantly, AoS does not exist for the sole purpose of you advertising (for free) your unwanted equipment, especially as you have made zero contribution to the site's running costs, yet despite that, think you're entitled to moan like a girl, simply because you're being made to follow some simple rules, which others manage perfectly well, despite I'm sure being just as busy!!!

So, I'd suggest it is *you* who needs a "lesson", but one in manners: namely to feel bloody grateful for being able to use a platform such as this for FREE, to advertise your gear, and not be so bloody lazy and selfish, as to begrudge taking the time to post some proper pictures, the same as everyone else.

There.... *NOW* you have been given a (well deserved) "roasting", and if you don't apologise for your ridiculous rant and promise to read and comply with the rules in future, then not only will your ad be pulled, but your membership. You've got a bloody cheek, Simon, you really have

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

I'd have been interested in this but your attitude stinks Simon so I'll pass...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Vince.

C'mon Simon,
    You've got free advertising of your kit to like minded people, (audiophiles), and you spit the dummy out because the rules don't suit you. We've all got to adhere to the rules, you aren't being picked on and most certainly did NOT get a "roasting". If you aren't happy with the rules that apply to everyone, pay commission and sell through other markets. I think you want to give it a bit thought before you rant your rage against moderators that put up with a lot. And I'm not sucking up, I will call a spade a spade, if I think I'm right. Cheers anyway Simon......and bloody calm down dude.��

Well said Vince... he's just the same on 'other' forums.... such a shame really....
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Dennis.

Perhaps Simon is being irked by his life in general, as we all are to some extent, but we have to deal wit it and try to show etiquette.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharos View Post
    Perhaps Simon is being irked by his life in general, as we all are to some extent, but we have to deal wit it and try to show etiquette.
    Absolutely Dennis I couldn't agree more...
    Bev

I'm bernard.

I have been a member on The Art of Sound now for a number of years, I have sold equipment on this site I will be the first to admit I'm not that good at
    Posting Photos, but there has always been a member willing to help all you have to do Simon is ask.

Bernie

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast