Quote Originally Posted by jeromesabbagh View Post
Hi,

I am considering trying to buy an FR-64fx to use with a Mijayima mono cartridge. The cartridge seems to want 3.5g VTF. The range of VTF on the FR-64fx seems to only go to 3g. Is there a way to get higher tracking force on the FR-64fx, given that is is dynamically balanced? I'm a bit confused ... Thanks!
Get an electronic scale, and use a combination of the counterweight and dynamic force from the adjuster to give you the 3.5-4g needed (I run mine at 4g). It's not an issue at all. Make sure the overall mass though is sufficient, the Miyajima monos like a high-mass arm so you want to be using a heavy headshell, and a heavy counterweight to balance it all.

Coming late to this thread, FWIW, the FR64x is a superb arm that like the older FR64S can benefit from a rewire. These started to be made in the 80s so the oldest of them could be 30-odd years old. I would recommend sending this to Angus for a bearing fettle (or replacement if they can't be adjusted to spec) and a rewire. Mal-adjusted bearings can give audible effects. BTW there was a Yannis cable for sale briefly the other day either here or on PFM, it went fast but I could also recommend Hugo's new cables the copper one here could well do the trick and not expensive in the grand scheme of things. https://ammonite-audio.co.uk/product...tonearm-cable/ I'm running the silver one at the moment with the Ikeda arm.