+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: FR64 FX arm - your thoughts on this dilemma

I'm Dave.

Nice pics.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    Nice pics.
    Ta, unfortunately straight out of the phone as Tapatalk doesn't like the edited ones for some reason.

Bigman80 Guest

Is it me or the camera angle because that headshell fixing screw/chuck looks awfy close to the vinyl?

Either way, fingers crossed it does the trick

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb View Post
    New cartridge fitted along with a borrowed RCA cable, let the run in begin..... I don't have it setup 100%, that's for tomorrow when my SmarTactor returns

It's back on special delivery Mike
    Should be with you by 1pm.

Btw, you should try one of those Denon 103 caps that were doing th edam rounds here.
    i was at Petrat's place with one on and makes a nice improvement on an already tidy cartridge.

Thanks again!
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Is it me or the camera angle because that headshell fixing screw/chuck looks awfy close to the vinyl?

Either way, fingers crossed it does the trick
    Just the angle of the photo

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by WESTLOWER View Post
    It's back on special delivery Mike
    Should be with you by 1pm.

Btw, you should try one of those Denon 103 caps that were doing th edam rounds here.
    i was at Petrat's place with one on and makes a nice improvement on an already tidy cartridge.

Thanks again!
    That's great, thanks

I'm Mike.

I know I should have put the Kontrapunkt back on when the loaner cable but I thought I bought as well get the hours done on the Denon and then compare.

I'm Dave.

I've got 800 quid worth of Nikon and everything I shoot is fuzzy and/or out of focus. Your pics are spot on.

Anyone wanna buy a Nikon ?

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    I've got 800 quid worth of Nikon and everything I shoot is fuzzy and/or out of focus. Your pics are spot on.

Anyone wanna buy a Nikon ?
    Easier with a smartphone, I have £1000's of Canon kit here I hardly use nowadays, our last 3 holidays have mostly been shot on my phone, unless I've been after specific shots

Couple of phone examples...

I'm Jerome.

Default VTF range on FR-64fx?

Hi,

I am considering trying to buy an FR-64fx to use with a Mijayima mono cartridge. The cartridge seems to want 3.5g VTF. The range of VTF on the FR-64fx seems to only go to 3g. Is there a way to get higher tracking force on the FR-64fx, given that is is dynamically balanced? I'm a bit confused ... Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast