+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Installing a Jelco 850 in a Technics 1200

I'm Alberto.

Default Installing a Jelco 850 in a Technics 1200

Hi there,

I've bought a Jelco 850 for my technics 1210 and received it today. I have a Zu Audio Mission phono cable which is RCA to RCA and I don't know wether to buy a new Jelco 5pin phono cable or cut the rca and solder a 5 pin connector. On this last case what 5pin connector would you buy it? I've seen a 5pin cardas connector but it cost around 100€, I think is too much...
    What 5pin connector I'd need for my technics a straight or 90º?

Many thanks

I'm Hugo.

There is not much room underneath a Technics SL-1200, so you usually need a right-angle (90 degree) mini-DIN connector to prevent the cable from being jammed hard against the supporting platform.

Zavfino 1877Phono's TAD-2R is the best connector, at reasonable cost, and it's used by many other cable makers for very good reason. Alternatively, the unbelievably excellent Zavfino 1877Phono COVE tonearm cable is only £69 (plus postage outside the UK) and uses the same connector. I sell Zavfino 1877Phono but you might be able to find a retailer in Spain.

I'm Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by Souldust View Post
    Hi there,

I've bought a Jelco 850 for my technics 1210 and received it today. I have a Zu Audio Mission phono cable which is RCA to RCA and I don't know wether to buy a new Jelco 5pin phono cable or cut the rca and solder a 5 pin connector. On this last case what 5pin connector would you buy it? I've seen a 5pin cardas connector but it cost around 100€, I think is too much...
    What 5pin connector I'd need for my technics a straight or 90º?

Many thanks
    On my Voyd TT I made a short lead with a right angle 5 Din to connect to my existing Furutech AG-12 as this is a bit stiff and would impeded the sprung chassis. I purchased some shielded Cardas tone arm cable from the HiFi collective or you perhaps Ammonite can supply some then put the necessary RCAs on the other end.

https://www.hificollective.co.uk/wir...re-shield.html
    Listening is the act of aural discrimination and dissemination of sound, and accepting you get it wrong sometimes.

Analog Inputs: Pro-Ject Signature 10 TT & arm, Benz Micro LP-S, Michel Cusis MC, Goldring 2500 and Ortofon Rondo Blue cartridges, Hitachi FT5500 mk2 Tuner

Digital:- Marantz SA-KI Pearl CD player, RaspberryPi/HifiBerry Digi+ Pro, Buffalo NAS Drive

Amplification:- AudioValve Sunilda phono stage, Krell KSP-7B pre-amp, Krell KSA-80 power amp

Output: Wilson Benesch Vector speakers, KLH Ultimate One Headphones

Cables: Tellurium Q Ultra Black II RCA & Chord Epic 2 RCA, various speaker leads, & links

I think I am nearing audio nirvana, but don’t tell anyone.

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammonite Acoustics View Post
    There is not much room underneath a Technics SL-1200, so you usually need a right-angle (90 degree) mini-DIN connector to prevent the cable from being jammed hard against the supporting platform.

Zavfino 1877Phono's TAD-2R is the best connector, at reasonable cost, and it's used by many other cable makers for very good reason. Alternatively, the unbelievably excellent Zavfino 1877Phono COVE tonearm cable is only £69 (plus postage outside the UK) and uses the same connector. I sell Zavfino 1877Phono but you might be able to find a retailer in Spain.
    150% correct as this was my experience too where the straight DIN was impeded by the shelf underneath my 1210. This meant that vta adjust was badly compromised / hindered so I ended up with the exact 1877 right angle DIN Hugo recommends here.

Great connector and very reasonable cost too. I found it perfect for the job on the end of my Yannis Tome phono interconnect
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Alberto.

I just ordered a Jelco right angle cable and I don't have to cut the zu audio cable. In a few days I'll have it at home and try to install the arm.

Thanks guys

+ Reply to Thread