+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OK People, lets do this! (Total Newbie!)

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Oh yes, how nifty .
    Cool isn't it lol.

I'm Rob.

Hi,
    Sorry for the lack of any response so far this morning. Blooming work getting in the way! Laffin!
    Thanks for all the responses so far. Really appreciate the links, advise and encouragement. Please keep them coming.

@Edward @YNWaN @Primalsea @Jazid @Bigman80
    Well Tempered Versalex, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Trilogy 906, MCRU LDA Linear PSU, Naim ND5 XS 2 , Exposure 3010S2D, Roksan TR-5 speakers, Spotfire Interconnects/Spotfire Reference speaker cable

I'm James.

The other thing with soldering irons is to get the right tip. It's a right PITA trying to solder with too large or small a tip. Everyone has their own favourite and there's oodles of choice, I tend towards a 2mm chisel tip for general purpose circuit board use. And my bugbear - I'd avoid mid price variable temperature irons, all the ones I've tried have been rubbish, the Antek mentioned above will be far superior.
    Pity about the Quickie, it was rather suitable I feel; about four resistors, one capacitor, a few RCA sockets, and a valve base per channel all point to point wired, lots of room, great introduction. Still I get your point Oliver, it isn't close to an Alps blue and small circuit board costwise!

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Paul.

A nifty tip about soldering irons (pun intended). Wrap some solder around a new unused tip and then turn the iron on and leave to heat up, with something underneath to catch excess solder. Easiest way I have found to tin a new tip.
    ~Paul~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234