+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raspberry Pi DAC Shootout - Hamburg, Germany - June 13

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by orchardaudio View Post
    It looks like the PecanPi was not a part of all tests because they ran out of time:

"We did second round on analog amp only with the 5 boards, because short of time (after 10pm), as i wrote before. PecanPi could have won round two, but we don't know now."
    I have to say, I find this grossly disappointing. The fact it wasn't included in all the listening isn't right IMO. I don't think a clear winner can be defined from this effort in Munich.

I'm Martin.

Agreed. It matters not one jot to me which won as I own none of them but yep, how kit (that is there and supposedly part of the tests) can not be included and then a winner declared is laughable.

I'm James.

Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm allo.

I think that Soundcheck is not really to declare a winner. Rather they show what a panel of judges have preferred on a double blind test using multiple amps .

Judy testing shows that your specific amp (and probably speakers) can change how a specific DAC sounds (of course) in a home setup

PecanPI, Khadas , Katana and Primo were tested(even more boards) first on a Ncore amp

This is what Judy said on the findings : "i think it's clear. We likedPecan Pi, but we liked 5 boards better than PecanPi. we did second round on analog amp only with the 5 boards, because short of time (after 10pm), as i wrote before. PecanPi could have won round two, but we don't know now."

On the second amp , they took the first 5 DACs and listened again .

Judy is very clear that all DACs were very good , its just sound preferences that make the difference (splitting hairs).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12