+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Onix DNA

I'm Shane.

Correct.

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

So are you still thinking about trying out a Naim amp ?
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Shane.

Not as much anymore. The SN2 still pops in mind sometimes. If I do source a SN2. It wouldn't be new though, most likely second hand. I refuse to pay new RRP for one!

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    Not as much anymore. The SN2 still pops in mind sometimes. If I do source a SN2. It wouldn't be new though, most likely second hand. I refuse to pay new RRP for one!

S.
    I'd recommend the SN2 Shane, it's a lovely amp and if wasn't for the Maggies then I'd be keeping it.. but the XS2 is also very good, I've owned both
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Shane.

Is your SN2 Dual Regulated, Bev?

S.
    Shane Lonergan.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998_mk2 View Post
    Is your SN2 Dual Regulated, Bev?

S.
    Yes my SN2 is the DR version Shane... I'm also using the Hi Cap DR with it to good effect..
    Bev

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I like the styling and it looks very nicely made. However, the reviews I have read have been very lukewarm - which is rare these days when most reviews are just different levels of rave!
    I’ve seen several positive reviews too, like on HiFi Answers. Apparently there was a legal dispute too where a review amp wasn’t returned by a magazine.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Deleted.

Isn’t ‘HI Fi Answers’, as it is now, nothing to do with the previous magazine of the same name? It now seems to be a purely ‘marketing’ website. I’m afraid I wouldn’t attribute much credibility to any reviews coming from them.

However, I admit that I don’t follow the audio press very closely and perhaps the DNA amp has, more recently, received some good reviews. I’ve nothing against this amp but the first couple of reviews I read were surprisingly damning in their faint praise.
    Account Deleted

Bigman80 Guest

Hifi pig seem to be fans of the Onix50

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12