+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: GARRARD 401 - Restoration thread!!

I'm Karl.

Yes will do. All these thoughts are a long way off for me anyway . My deck is brand new and I have two bearings to see me through now but it’s just nice to speak to the men on the ground that have had experiences with such things to see if there is a general consensus . Cheers Andrew . I look forward to any more updates and thanks for the replies

Karl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm James.

Another superb project completed Andy. I had a good read from start to finish this morning and I can see you have done a very thorough job again!

Well done and I am sure this deck will give you years of great analogue listening pleasure!

Could I ask how it compares to your Lenco GL75 and in terms of a restoration project was it easier to do?
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Another superb project completed Andy. I had a good read from start to finish this morning and I can see you have done a very thorough job again!

Well done and I am sure this deck will give you years of great analogue listening pleasure!

Could I ask how it compares to your Lenco GL75 and in terms of a restoration project was it easier to do?
    Cheers Jim! I think I answered your question last night on the phone!!
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by REXTON View Post
    Cheers Jim! I think I answered your question last night on the phone!!
    You did indeed!
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm Steve.

Superb job Andrew and an excellent, informative and very generous thread. It has inspired me to get a 401 out of the loft and have a go at it myself. I bought it from a junk shop in the early 80's on a piece of plywood with a Neat tonearm. It hasn't been spun since apart from a half hearted attempt a few years ago to oil it in the right places more for preservation that anything else. It spins now though... after all those years!

When I can work out how to post pictures I'll start a thread. Thank you!

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by dahdit View Post
    Superb job Andrew and an excellent, informative and very generous thread. It has inspired me to get a 401 out of the loft and have a go at it myself. I bought it from a junk shop in the early 80's on a piece of plywood with a Neat tonearm. It hasn't been spun since apart from a half hearted attempt a few years ago to oil it in the right places more for preservation that anything else. It spins now though... after all those years!

When I can work out how to post pictures I'll start a thread. Thank you!

See post #14 here Steve https://theartofsound.net/forum/show...tobucket/page2

I was the same until Al provided this ever so useful and simple to follow post/guide:

(Btw - where it says sing, he means sign. Also when you copy the BBC code, only copy your name in that if you want your name to show, otherwise dont include your name in the copying)
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Steve.

Thanks Robbie, does this work...

https://www.flickr.com/gp/88030672@N06/tJa3q7

I'm Steve.

Hmmm... it looks from here that it doesn't. I'll keep trying!!

Sorry Andrew for trashing your most excellent thread. I'll experiment on my own thread!

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by dahdit View Post
    Thanks Robbie, does this work...

https://www.flickr.com/gp/88030672@N06/tJa3q7
    I got a Flickr site link for logging in to Flickr ....
    My System:
    Amplification - Sansui AU-alpha 707 DR
    Turntable - Technics SP10 MK2-Technics EPA-250 Tonearm-Yannis Tome 423.5Plus tonearm cable-Eichmann KLEI Absolute Harmony plugs.
    Ortofon Cadenza Black moving coil cartridge-Fritz Gyger S re-tip. Panzerholz plinth.

CDP - Pioneer PD-91
    Speakers - Spendor D7 on Soundcare SuperSpikes
    QED Silver Spiral speaker cable-airloc banana plugs
    Mains - Ultra Pure silver plated un-switched socket-Missing link EPS 500 silver plated plugs-Hi-Fi Tuning gold plated silver ceramic 13 amp fuses

I'm Steve.

Sorted now Robbie, thanks for your help.
    Last edited by dahdit; 30-06-2020 at 15:04.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast