+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Cambridge Audio P110 integrated amp - refurbed

I'm gone.

Default FS: Cambridge Audio P110 integrated amp - refurbed

What a great sounding amp.
    Stan Curtis design from the mid 1970s. Bit of a cult following on these.
    Wooden side cheeks.

Bought off eBay a few months ago, works A1 and is in VGC for its age.
    eBay auction listing with full details - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153443209133

55wpc.

£175 inc UK delivery.

I'm gone.

Bump! - for an excellent re-furbed vintage amp that sounds genuinely excellent. Not for the Pipe & Slippers Brigade, but if you like your music with its full quota of high resolution excitement then this is hard to beat at this sort of money.

It includes a mm phonostage.

From the seller who did the refurb work ....
    "Original, untouched versions of these amplifiers are notoriously unreliable now so this amplifier has been given a full service so it should be good for many years to come. The service consisted of a full clean inside and out, replacement of all of the electrolytic and wax paper capacitors, new deeper banana sockets have been fitted to accommodate the full length of a banana plug, all pots have been dismantled cleaned and reassembled too. The PSU capacitors have also been increased in size by 20%. As this amplifier dates from the 70’s the input sensitivity is quite high, today’s CD players etc output nearly 2Vrms so I have modified the input sensitivity of the Aux and Tuner inputs to give a better range (specs below) on the volume control, you can now use any CD player, streamer, DAC, Tuner etc. Although this amplifier has two phono stages PU2 was originally for a ceramic cartridge, as this isn’t much use in this day and age, the PU2 input has been converted to another line level input. Finally it has been re-biased and tested against factory spec and soak tested. This is a rare chance to own a cosmetically very good example which is working as good as, if not better than when new."

I'm gone.

Sold stp

I'm Alan.

Great Jerry, temptation gone.
    Always liked the look of that rage with the long toggle switches.

I'm gone.

It's a very nice piece of kit, really solid, chunky and hefty.
    I was surprised, for some reason expecting it to be lightweight and a bit flimsy.
    And yes, those long toggle switches are nice!

I'm gone.

sold

+ Reply to Thread