+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Enjoying myself with a few models

I'm Ian.

The latest additions to Ian's tiny bike shop. The Kawasaki GPZ550 was great fun and very nippy and the Kawasaki Z750 was just a proper muscle bike. It's getting harder to find kits for bikes I've had now so I think it will be bikes I wish I'd had next. By the way the GPZ says 400 on the side panels but I had a 550. At the time Japan limited it's domestic market for motorbikes to 400cc but fortunately they exported the larger capacity bikes.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

When I was a lad, my neighbour had a GPZ750R and used to let me sit on it and "brum brum". Think that's why I've always loved Kwaks! Great job again, Ian.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    When I was a lad, my neighbour had a GPZ750R and used to let me sit on it and "brum brum". Think that's why I've always loved Kwaks! Great job again, Ian.
    Thanks Alex, I really enjoy making them and it's good therapy for my fists of ham and sausage fingers lol. My brother had a Honda CB250 when I was a kid and I did exactly the same as you with the brooooom brooooom thing, I think that's where my love of bikes stems from.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

I'm Ian.

Decided to open a cafe racer department at the mini bike shop. The Yamaha XJR1300 kit came with no graphics at all so I made the Kenny Roberts inspired ones using printable vinyl and Photoshop.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Turntable
    CD
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Brilliant as always Ian. When will you run out of room to keep them? My 1:1 scale Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R F3 left the garage on a trailer today... off to be brought back to life and recommissioned after 10 years sat feeling sorry for itself. Do they do a model of it do you know?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Ian.

Brilliant as always Ian. When will you run out of room to keep them? My 1:1 scale Kawasaki Ninja ZX6-R F3 left the garage on a trailer today... off to be brought back to life and recommissioned after 10 years sat feeling sorry for itself. Do they do a model of it do you know?
    I like the ZX6, as competent as the CBR600 but with a bit more focus. I found 1 kit on ebay, I've not tries these kits but Maisto are usually good. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KAWASAKI-...sAAOSweUlbQNK4
    Turntable
    CD
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

Cheers Ian, that may have to be my first model project!
    Alex

I'm Steve.

I had a GPZ750R, great bike.
    Steve.

Kit I have:
    CD player, TTs, Phono stages, Pre amps, Power amps, Integrated amps, DACs, Streamers, Speakers and a bunch of cables.

I'm Russell.

Excellent work! That is some fine model making! I am very impressed. I tinkered with Model railroading for a number of years, and I am aware of just how hard it is to keep the realism up.

You should make you a fake piece of driveway. Take some black sandpaper and glue it to a board. Take the models out into the yard, and position your camera so that they look as though they are full sized and setting in the driveway! The photography adds a whole new dimension to model making, and it’s fun to fool people online. As real as your models look sitting on the desk, I know they’d look amazing with the right camera angle, looking full sized!

Russell

I'm Ian.

Thanks Russell, it's great therapy for me both physically and mentally. I quite fancy the idea of model trains but I don't really have the space for a good layout. I like your idea for a setting for photos, I will have a play with some settings.
    Very glad to hear you're on the mend Russell, I hope it's not too long before you're in rude health again.
    Turntable
    CD
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast