+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Enjoying myself with a few models

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    Just finished this old monster, Yamaha V-Max. Not sure how I never owned one, ridden a few but that's as far as it went. Absolutely addictive acceleration, in fact before the Suzuki Hyabusa came along the V-Max was the fastest accelerating production bike. Rather a different story when you reached a corner though. It had the nickname of being the only cruiser that GSXR riders approved of.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Ah yes! A beautiful machine! Narrow for the horsepower as I recall. And I always loved those scoops on the sides of the tank, they really gave it that “Jet Fighter”, appeal!

Unfortunately I never had chance to ride one.

Russell

I'm Ian.

Actually had a commission for a Ducati 916 from a friend of a friend. I wouldn't mind doing this for a living.

Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Russell.

I have finally found the photos of the model train station I made about 8 years ago. I’ve got like 70 pictures of it, so I’ll only post one here, so I won’t highjack your entire thread! I’ll start another thread about it elsewhere.

Love those Ducati’s by the way, I lusted over the 996 in the showroom for hours! Our man John Fogarty won World Superbike championship on one for 7 years! It was a privilege to watch him race.

Russell

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Love the Ducati's Ian...
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Ian.

Finally got the superbike department open. Ducati 916, Ducati 1199 Panigali, Yamaha R1, Yamaha R1M, Kawasaki Ninja H2R. If only they were real.....

Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

I'm Anto.

Super stuff !!

However , my mind works in an odd way and the thread title had me thinking of when I attended Cockpitfest at Newark a few yrs ago.
    One of the Newcastle lads from a museum (aviation one ) was there ,with an Auster I think (cockpit)
    He told us how one day a young man with a camera bag asked him (he was volunteering that day) if he could take a few pictures on models on the plane wings ?
    They were by the model section I believe ,when the question was posed , so he said 'Sure '!!
    A while later , he noticed a couple of well made up girls with American tunics and skirts, stocking came in and draped themselves over the wings of 2 of the exhibits whilst matey took some -artistic posed shots !!
    Plenty of suspender and bra on show too

Unfortunately the man in charge buggered them off ,as soon as he realised what was going on !!

Carry on the great work , models with a difference
    I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work

I'm Vince.

I absolutely loved my moto-cross in the mid eighties, but by god I'm paying the price. Replaced discs in back and neck, need new knees, etc. etc. Mind I had a go on a full race spec 900 Fireblade and the first thing I said when I got off was...feel my chest. My heart was beating like a kodo drum. The acceleration was unbelievable.....hats off to the guys who race these....awesome.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Looking good Ian- the H2R in real life scares the bejeezus out of me just looking at it!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Looking good Ian- the H2R in real life scares the bejeezus out of me just looking at it!
    I have to admit I didn't know much about it but some reading and a few YouTube vids and I can tell it would certainly give ones bowels a challenge to stay in tact. 1000cc supercharged 310 horse power, recipe for naughtiness. There's a video on YouTube of one put on the road, somewhere it was never meant to go. Thank god mad bikers are still out there.
    Turntable
    CD
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

I'm Ian.

I've been on a bit of a Ducati vibe, sporting thourghbreds and iconic styling. The original 916, a modern classic, the 1199 Panigali, superb ride and very desirable. Then there's the 888 World Superbike racer, forerunner to Carl Foggarty's 916 world beating 916 and finally the Desmosedici, 2004 version in the late Nicky Hayden's trim.

Turntable
    CD
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast