I'm Deleted.

I’m afraid the Cirkus is nothing like £125 - more like £490

https://www.cymbiosis.com/product/linn-lp12-cirkus-kit/

Apologies, the outer bearing on its own is indeed £125

https://www.cymbiosis.com/product/li...aring-housing/
    Account Deleted

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Opti-cal View Post
    plus the old man would write me out of his will (assuming I'm in there anyway) as he donated it to me
    Ah! So I'm not the only one who has an LP12 passed down from their father. I'm sure I'd not have gone down the LP12 route if I wasn't given the deck by my dad. However, I've grown very fond of the bugger now (deck that it is - I've always adored the other cantankerous old bugger)
    Rob.
    Powered by crossed fingers and clenched buttocks

I'm Dennis.

I think it is utterly daft to use ball races for the main turntable support bearing. Inevitably there will be unevenesses in the surfaces on which the balls support the weight of the platter, and these may get worse with wear through adhesive and abrasive friction.

Many years ago, with a Garrard 0-100 which used a ball race running on washers as a support plate, the balls ground a messy groove in the plate, and Garrard sent me a replacement washer plate.

Later they introduced the 0-100 SB, using a spindle with a ball at the bottom, and much better.

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I’m afraid the Cirkus is nothing like £125 - more like £490

https://www.cymbiosis.com/product/linn-lp12-cirkus-kit/

Apologies, the outer bearing on its own is indeed £125

https://www.cymbiosis.com/product/li...aring-housing/
    Yes and the inner platter around 400 on its own.. crazy money for what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    Yes and the inner platter around 400 on its own.. crazy money for what it is.
    Yes, there's probably as much engineering and materials in a £25 car water pump.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yes, there's probably as much engineering and materials in a £25 car water pump.
    I agree mate, and this is why people have become disillusioned with linn . The products are decent quality but the retail prices are a bit ‘out there’ shall we say, which is why i built mine myself from parts and saved myself a couple of grand on what the shop wanted for the same spec . Prices aside , i still dont know why so many knock the LP12, the modern spec versions are superb performers ,nothing like the old ones, and im yet to hear a TT that comes close for the couple of grand ive got in mine.

CTC Classic 301 , SPH bearing and Hanze Hifi HAT CPS-2 all analogue power supply / Tenuto Mk2 mat / custom Panzerholz and Kewasinga articulating plinth / Track audio isolation feet / Reed tonearm / Audio Technica ART 9 / 2 box BigBottle mk3 phonostage with Clarity cap CMR and NOS Telefunkens valves / Croft 25R preamp with upgraded 12BH7A line stage and NOS 1956 RCA valves / Croft 7R monoblocks with NOS 56 RCA valves/ Dynaudio Contour 30i speakers / Spotfire interconnects and speaker cables / Merlin Scorpion mains block / Rhodium mains cables / Marantz CD DAC /

Location: Banbury, Oxfordshire/Panteg is where my late father was born

I'm Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbird View Post
    I agree mate, and this is why people have become disillusioned with linn . The products are decent quality but the retail prices are a bit ‘out there’ shall we say, which is why i built mine myself from parts and saved myself a couple of grand on what the shop wanted for the same spec . Prices aside , i still dont know why so many knock the LP12, the modern spec versions are superb performers ,nothing like the old ones, and im yet to hear a TT that comes close for the couple of grand ive got in mine.

Your Linn is not standard though, and I have heard a version of your LP12 vs a standard LP12 and I was impressed, much more focused and dare I say it vivid, I think Linn frown on some of these aftermarket mods but to me it's great for the consumer to have so many options.

I much prefer the Voyd but that's my taste and opinion.
    Chris

We've gone on holiday by mistake !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123