+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cartridge recommendations for a Mission 774 on a 401 please.

I'm Paul.

Brook,
    There's a Koetsu Red T Moving Coil Cartridge up for sale on here which seems quite nice. I recently bought a new Audio Technica Art-9 once I had sold my Kiseki and it really sounds superior to the Kiseki, Theirs plenty of good reviews on the web on the Art-9.
    HI-FI SYSTEM:-
    Revox B250 Amp.
    Revox PR 99 mk2 R2R.
    Revox B126 C/D Player.
    Yamaha GT2000 T/Table with Shure MKIV Cartridge and Jeco VN-45HE SAS/R Stylus.
    Bang & Olufsen Beolab18's and the 19 Sub Speakers.

A/V 5.1 System :-
    Soundsend Wisa box.
    Harmen Kardon front and rear satellite.
    Legend 10.2 Silverback Active Centre.

I'm Brook.

Thanks for that Paul, I had seen it but it is a little bit of a stretch if I am honest, although I could be tempted if it was a good match.

I'm Patrick.

I have two 774s and use Deccas with both of them. One is an older one (with the different style arm base) and the other has all the paddles etc. The paddles are fairly easy to make or you can splash out £35 and buy a reproduction set from xaudio.

I have considered the xaudio wands too: the geometry is a bit different to the standard wands I believe, and although they look interesting the 12" would be a bit of a pain to fit on any of my existing decks, so I haven't tried one yet. If you fit Deccas to a 774 you will definitely need a heavier CW.

I had a AT33PTG (original one) and it was great for the money, but a bit thin sounding. Haven't heard anything else that matches the dynamics of a Decca but appreciate that not everyone likes the same things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12