+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: The end of May.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by tapid View Post
    I m sure a large proportion of the country enjoy it, not just whities
    I'd guess that the audience for the Last Night of the Poms [sic] is 99% white middle-class. I can't watch it meself, being common as muck.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    As something of a cross-breed, I regard all flag-waving as equally ridiculous, whether the flag in question is the Cross of St George, the Saltire, the Irish tricolour, or the Welsh dragon. Or, for that matter, the Union Jack/Flag. Nationalism has been the curse of the modern era following the disintegration of three empires in the aftermath of WWI.
    I vehemently AGREE!

As I've said before, I don't wave any flags or shout from the rooftops about any aspect of my nationality or ethnicity/ancestry, as I'm simply not wired that way.

I also believe that doing so, overall does more harm than good. For me, it's rather small-minded behaviour, evidence of insular thinking, and largely doesn't reflect well on any individual guilty of such, and importantly who gets too carried away and allows patriotism to get the better of them and turn into something more sinister.

So, I'll continue to be be, first and foremost, fiercely proud of my Italian ethnicity and ancestry, and of my Scottish nationality, but will show it in the right way, and which doesn't involve any gratuitous, or potentially inflammatory, 'patriotic' flag-waving in public.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm brian.

Yeah, Yeah thats good Marco. Still don't think there s anything sinister about proms though. No ones more common than me Joe. Old style cockney is me

Lol... My comment has nothing to do with the Proms though, which I have no opinion on one way or the other, except for enjoying it as a superb live spectacle of classical music.

Incidentally, I have a lot of time for old-style, genuine cockneys, like yourself, as they tend to be 'salt of the earth' types, much in the same way as are the good people of Liverpool, Newcastle, Glasgow and such like.

The 'southerners' I tend to dislike, are the snooty bastards, who think that they're somehow 'special', from the home counties, etc, and who look down their noses at folks from 'up north', whom they consider as their 'lessers', and the 'suits' who populate London, who think the same. You'll know who I mean, and Westmonster is full of them!

Now before someone from those areas comes and shoots me down, of course there will be exceptions to the rule, and perfectly nice, genuine people living there also, which I accept. They may even represent the majority, but as was being discussed earlier about patriotism, it is often the most vociferous and influential minority, who skew the overall opinion of the majority.

However, too many types I've met of that description over the years, have come from said area of the UK, for it simply to be a coincidence, which is why I despise how Tory governments, in particular, pander to their whims, and treat everyone else in the UK as second-class citizens.

To divorce themselves from that controlling and utterly unfair/unjust rulership, and 100% be able to make their own decisions, as to what's best for SCOTLAND and the Scottish people, not London and the south, and be in control of their OWN destiny, is primarily why many Scots want independence. And it will happen.

Such a hugely arrogant and ignorant, elitist mentality, as outlined, *enrages* me like you wouldn't believe... And which is why I look forward to the coming of the 'people's revolution'. Because, by fuck, that's what this country needs, and the bringing down, once and for all, of deeply-ingrained establishment elitism!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm joe.

Yeah, Yeah thats good Marco. Still don't think there s anything sinister about proms though. No ones more common than me Joe. Old style cockney is me
    Nonsense. A tenement block just off Scotland Road in Liverpool is far commoner than any street in London.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    LThe 'southerners' I tend to dislike, are the snooty bastards, who think that they're somehow 'special', from the home counties, and such like, and who look down their noses at folks from 'up north', whom they consider as 'lessors'
    Are you not a 'lessor' yourself?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lessor_(leasing)

Ha - too much vino (again) for lunch! Now amended.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Tony.

Nonsense. A tenement block just off Scotland Road in Liverpool is far commoner than any street in London.
    I bailed out of this a while ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A mainly digital setup with a musical amplifier and endearing 1970's speakers. A CD player that hardly ever gets used and a turntable that is good enough to remind my how enjoyable my old vinyl is. Some cables and things.

I'm brian.

Well a Labour spokesman said this morning that there s 14 million people currently living in poverty..... Really ?. But if there s is ( there s not ) some of those must surely
    be in London. Were not all living in millionaire s houses, plenty of people living in shoe boxes with modest incomes and many on benefits as well

I'm Geoff.

Well a Labour spokesman said this morning that there s 14 million people currently living in poverty
    Who said that?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast