+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The end of May.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Larry for PM!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Josie.

Lol... Boris can change the litter tray.

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com
    - Audio Equipment Reviews
    Facebook

I'm Grant.

its interesting also that the pro leavers are adament on not going to the country, saying they did that. but that was a long time ago. Govts go to the country all the time to get its backing; so why not this time;?? what are they afraid of?
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Lol... Boris can change the litter tray.
    Aye, it's about all he's good for!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    its interesting also that the pro leavers are adament on not going to the country, saying they did that. but that was a long time ago. Govts go to the country all the time to get its backing; so why not this time;?? what are they afraid of?
    The EU insisting on national governments holding repeated referendums until they get the answer they want is one of the reasons we voted out.

When we voted to go in back in the 1970s I don't recall them having another vote 2 years on to see if anyone had changed their minds.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    When we voted to go in back in the 1970s I don't recall them having another vote 2 years on to see if anyone had changed their minds.
    We didn't vote to 'go in'; we were already 'in'.

I'm Geoff.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    The EU insisting on national governments holding repeated referendums until they get the answer they want is one of the reasons we voted out.

well it was kinda like that. we joined without the peoples referendum but had one 2 years later to see if we wanted to stay. a large majority did.
    The level of for in the last one was only a couple of % so not exactly a big yes; also the public were lied to on all sides.... Now more truth be available it would make sense to do it. The money men and right wing of course dont want that as they ar fairly sure the people will say no. thats my opinion tho...
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    also the public were lied to on all sides.... .
    I keep seeing this stated as though it was a fact but what lies were actually told by either side? There were various scenarios outlined but since even the stupidest person knows that no-one can predict the future with 100% accuracy everyone knew these were projections, speculation and guesswork, not facts. And is anyone now better educated on what leaving means? Since we have not yet left there is still nothing tangible to go on. As to the actual mechanics of leaving, the customs union etc, anyone interested already knew what the issues were going to be there and anyone who wasn't interested then still won't be now.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Here are just a few...

One of the dog-whistle scares sold to readers of the Daily Mail, Sun and Express during the runup to the Referendum was the extraordinary cost of so-called health tourism – people travelling to the UK solely to benefit from our generous health system. In the case of EU citizens, this is a total fabrication. The truth is that British citizens in the EU receive five times the value of the treatment we give to EU citizens here.

The idea that countries within the EU have no control of immigration is a lie. We do, but we choose not to exercise it. Tony Blair removed the border exit checks you see in almost every other European country in 1998. That meant we had no way of knowing who was still in the UK and who had left. Under existing rules, EU member states can send EU nationals home after three months if they haven’t found a job or cannot support themselves. We could enforce that, keeping only those actively contributing to our economy. Theresa May, as home secretary, chose not to.

When Boris the great charlatan first flipped to the Leave side: “There will continue to be free trade and access to the single market” – Boris Johnson, the Telegraph, 26 June 2016.

Lord Digby Jones. “Not a single job would be lost because of Brexit,” the ex-CBI boss and former lawyer told us before the referendum. Two years later, he was standing by it, falling back on the semantic difference between “Brexit” and “uncertainty around Brexit”. Either way, thousands of jobs have already been repatriated to the continent and government impact assessments forecast a 9.3 per cent hit to the economy under No Deal.

NHS. “Once we have settled our accounts, we will take back control of roughly £350 million per week. It would be a fine thing, as many of us have pointed out, if a lot of that money went on the NHS.” So wrote Boris Johnson in the Daily Telegraph. Then they plastered it in massive letters across a bus and drove it across the country. The rest is history.

Vote Leave statement two weeks before the Referendum: “After we vote Leave, we would immediately be able to start negotiating new trade deals with emerging economies and the world’s biggest economies (the US, China and Japan, as well as Canada, Australia, South Korea, New Zealand and so on), which could enter into force immediately after the UK leaves the EU.” Japan recently concluded one of the world’s biggest trade agreements with... the EU. As for us, we’re still waiting.

Queues. Not for food, yet, but for lorries. Hapless transport secretary Chris Grayling told Question Time in March last year: ”We will maintain a free flowing border at Dover. We will not impose checks in the port. The only reason we would have queues at the border is if we put in place restrictions that created those queues. We are not going to do that.” It’s a lie. The FT reported that lorry checks under a No Deal taking as little as 80 seconds would result in an “unrecoverable” backlog of lorries and the government itself is planning to turn the M20 into a lorry park.

Take Back Control. The greatest lie of them all? Quite possibly. The hypnotic mantra was perfect for its audience: millions who – quite rightly – felt disenfranchised and anxious for their future. But lack of control over the EU wasn’t the issue; it was lack of control over a Westminster programme of austerity set by George Osborne.

Vote Leave. Otherwise known as Lie Central, the official campaign body for exiting the EU delivered a wonderful array of deceit, including the following:

“The EU’s supporters say, ‘We must have access to the single market’. Britain will have access to the single market after we vote Leave.”

“The idea that our trade will suffer... is silly.”

“Let’s give our NHS the £350m the EU takes every week.”

“Taxpayers’ money should be spent on filling in potholes in Britain, rather than being squandered on foreign bridges.”
    “If you are still wondering what it will look like if we came out, think about this... Lower taxes as a result of no longer having to pay into the EU budget.”

It really is an endless and unmitigated litany of rubbish.

Will Of The People. It’s not now, and it’s debatable if it ever was. Latest polling suggests 45 per cent of people now want to Remain, versus 35 per cent who want to Leave and 22 per cent undecided. Even in the referendum itself, only 37 per cent of the electorate voted for Leave, the rest either voted Remain or not at all. Some Will Of The People.

In 2014, Nigel Farage laid it out on the line: “If you said to me, would I like to see over the next ten years a further five million people come into Britain and if that happened we’d all be slightly richer, I’d say I’d rather we weren’t slightly richer.” In March 2017: “If Brexit is a disaster, I will go and live abroad. I'll go and live somewhere else.” Such principles!

Youth Vote. More than 70 per cent of 18-24 year olds (the generation who will live with Brexit longer than any other) voted to Remain. By the time 29 March comes and we leave the EU, around 1.4m more young people will be of voting age. The idea that Brexit is the will of these people is a dangerous lie.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast